DD-WRT v24 released

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
qpatriot7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:49    Post subject: DHCP issues on WRT54Gv3 when using DDWRT v24 Reply with quote
I upgraded my WRT54G v3 from DD-WRT v23 SP2 to v24, but the router stopped assigning its own DHCP information whenever it was connected to either my cable modem or another router (both assign IP via DHCP). Instead, the WRT54G would pass through the IP assignment from the other router (but works as expected when not connected to it).
I can't even get an IP address assigned on its WAN port.
I tried cloning the MAC address of my computer (which will work when directly connected to the modem), but that didn't help.
Resetting the router to factory defaults didn't help either.

The only way I found to get the WRT54G to work as I want it is to re-flash v23 back onto it.

Any ideas?
Sponsor
cgigate
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still very buggy!
I did not see any problems were resolved for Atheros WiSOC based Hardware

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
IPv6 still as broken as in the release candidates. Is v24 even supposed to support IPv6?

GUI note: under "Services" there is an "Undefined" tab pointing to AnchorFree.asp, and under "Services/Services" there is an "Undefined" radio button in enabled state.
Sum
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
In France ISP's give a /64 Ipv6 prefix so I think supporting IPv6 natively is very important...

IPv4's death is not so away...
Hoggins!
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Too bad, RADIUS authentication still not working. I use the std version. It works fine with v23, but v24 doesn't even try to contact the RADIUS server.

Am I missing something ?
niconet
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you guys. v24 Final is working stable on WRT54GL 1.1, WRT54G v5 & WRT54G v8.2

Here is some issues to make solution to extend coverage for Chillispot by WDS or whatever, but I guess this is my problem to find how.
niconet
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hoggins! wrote:
Too bad, RADIUS authentication still not working. I use the std version. It works fine with v23, but v24 doesn't even try to contact the RADIUS server.

Am I missing something ?

Yeap... you are... It depends of connecting client... I have solved it by deleting SSID profile on client part and off/on WiFi adapter... all works fine with it. (but may be this is not your case)
Hoggins!
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, the only thing that changed is the version of my DD-WRT firmware, and it worked very well with the previous version. I tend to think that the upgrade is in cause. The clients did not change.

But there is more : if I try to view the list of the active processes with v23, I can see "wrt-radauth" running. No trace of it on v24.

So I really don't think the clients configuration is in cause.
cgigate
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
it should stay in RC stage.
it is not far from stable version yet.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 20:42    Post subject: Re: Port Forwarding has a bug Reply with quote
Tiggar wrote:
Port Forwarding in new v24 on WRT54GL wont accept entries like

Application Start End Protocol IP Address Enable
Wing 1022 22 Both xx.xx.xx.xx true

On apply or save the interface changes the Start and end point. It's not an display problem. Forwarding is not working than!

Aww, it looks like you are on port range forwarding page... There you forward, in your example, ports 22 to 1022 to IP xx.xx.xx.xx

Use normal port forwarding page to set individual port forwards... There you can forward port 1022 to port 22...
soolstone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 23:20    Post subject: Finally Reply with quote
Hmm, after all, should I update my Asus WL-500g Premium from DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/15/06) std to the "Stable" v24? I remember the last time I tried a v24 RC (The last one if I'm not wrong), it bricked my router just because of a webcam compatible firmware or whatever, I updated the firmware some times to try some tools to use usb but I never been able to use any storage disks, Webcam did work for me and it was really funny but no hdd Sad ...

I apreciate v23 but I actually don't have the power led on, it blinks a couple of times when I start the router but when it's started, I only have the air, lan and wan leds working, that's anoying Rolling Eyes .

I like v23 but is there any GREAT improvements in v24 and by the way, I know there is a Mega_Generic bin that requier a 8mb flash but is it safe and worthy enough?

Do I have to do anything before I update like cleaning cache or anything?

Sorry if there are so many questions but after buying a second router, I just don't want to put some more $ in (If I'm in the wrong place, move me! Laughing ) Thanks in advance!
Tiggar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:14    Post subject: Re: Port Forwarding has a bug Reply with quote
olmari wrote:
Tiggar wrote:
Port Forwarding in new v24 on WRT54GL wont accept entries like

Application Start End Protocol IP Address Enable
Wing 1022 22 Both xx.xx.xx.xx true

On apply or save the interface changes the Start and end point. It's not an display problem. Forwarding is not working than!

Aww, it looks like you are on port range forwarding page... There you forward, in your example, ports 22 to 1022 to IP xx.xx.xx.xx

Use normal port forwarding page to set individual port forwards... There you can forward port 1022 to port 22...

Yes you're totally right. The order of the tabs for "port range forwarding" and "port forwarding" have changed from v23 sp1 to v24, so I was confused the first time.

But there is another problem. How do I get DDNS working with Dyndns.org? I didn't manage to get this working Sad
OPaul
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 13:31    Post subject: Re: Port Forwarding has a bug Reply with quote
Tiggar wrote:
But there is another problem. How do I get DDNS working with Dyndns.org? I didn't manage to get this working :-(

DynDNS is working for me. What comes up in the Status area?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 14:36    Post subject: Re: Port Forwarding has a bug Reply with quote
OPaul wrote:
Tiggar wrote:
But there is another problem. How do I get DDNS working with Dyndns.org? I didn't manage to get this working Sad

Hi Paul,

that's good news! Right now I'm at work so I can't tell you the error message word by word. But If I remember correctly it told me that I should check username, password and hostname - something went wrong.

How do you configured Dyndns? Did you took the predefined setting or did you took a Custom configuration?
OPaul
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 14:41    Post subject: Re: Port Forwarding has a bug Reply with quote
Tiggar wrote:
OPaul wrote:
Tiggar wrote:
But there is another problem. How do I get DDNS working with Dyndns.org? I didn't manage to get this working :-(

Hi Paul,

that's good news! Right now I'm at work so I can't tell you the error message word by word. But If I remember correctly it told me that I should check username, password and hostname - something went wrong.

How do you configured Dyndns? Did you took the predefined setting or did you took a Custom configuration?

I didn't really do anything special.
Code:
DynDNS.org
username
password
host.homeip.net
Dynamic
unchecked

Navigation

Jump to: