Dropped connections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ugokanain
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:40    Post subject: Dropped connections Reply with quote
I been having issues for a while with my router. Could be that it is an Asus RT-AC66U, could be that I have a guest network, could be dd-wrt. The result is that wireless clients disconnected after a few minutes.

At first i got nas : daemon successfully stopped, but manged to clear that problem. Still the clients lost the signal.

I tried all the snake oil ideas, changing the mtu, trying different wireless network modes, changed the country, ack, CTS Protection Mode, Beacon Interval, Frame Burst, preamble, power, etc. Eventually disabled Multicast forwarding in the guest network and has been working all day.

Hope this helps someone.
Sponsor
Cobra11Murderer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Id check this too Shortcut Forwarding Engine, my e3000 hated this option. It was enabled by default however the router would continue to drop video and websites every 15 mins or so, the wifi would still be connected but the connection would break briefly. After chasing that down ive had zero issues streaming.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have the A1 (MIPSEL) or B1 (dual core) version?

What build are you on?

I'am currently on 39031 on my A1.
parco
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds similar the the wifi problem of my Linksys EA2700 as well. But mine gets one thing strange. My wifi occasionally intermittently hangs when connecting to internet (WAN), but when I connect to the foobar2000 in one of my wired audio computer in LAN IP like something 192.168.1.xxx, by the Foobar2000 controller android app via HTTP protocol in 8888 port, from my android phone, and click some controls like playback or stop, all the other hang wifi connections suddenly work again and not hang anymore. Strange! Note that all of my "connection" above mean TCP/UDP sessions not the physical wifi connectivity.

So any suggestions to config my EA2700? Confused

the foobar2000 controller app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cav.foobar2000controller
http://foobar2000controller.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: