Archer C7 WAN port setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Sneezy_Squid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 18:41    Post subject: Archer C7 WAN port setup Reply with quote
Hello guys!

So, long story short. I've bought a Netgear Nighthawk M1 to serve as a modem for my Archer C7.
At stock firmware on C7, everything works fine, plug and play, nothing changed, besides IP pass-through and LAN DHCP is disabled at M1. C7 picks up WAN IP and wolla, internet, no problem. But. Stockfirmware = garbage, or. In my case, its not working with my router bridge config. Thats why - dd-wrt.
(v3.0-r38937 std (02/23/19))

At my C7, everything is stock dd-wrt settings, because I've mess it up so many times, and i cant figure out what to do.
Its shows my WAN IP, but no internet connection.
It might have something to do with (setup-> basic setup-> networking) Tagging, Bridging, Assign to bridge, port setup - something. i don't know. I just cant figure it out anymore. It's driving me nuts.
Stock firmware must do some voodoo tricks, to internally route WAN port to the rest of the system, somehow, i don't know.

I hope it makes sense, thanks Smile

Best regards,
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you changed address on your router?

The M1 is default on 192.168.1.1, the same as dd-wrt. Change the lan on your C7 to 192.168.2.1
Sneezy_Squid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep, tried both 192.168.1.2, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1 and so on. Restarting both devices in between changes. Same result Sad
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the off chance you have wan port problems try this:
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_access_point#Normal_Version_.28Same_Subnet.29

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
bushant wrote:
On the off chance you have wan port problems try this:
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_access_point#Normal_Version_.28Same_Subnet.29

Okay, we're one step closer. I did what the guide told me to do. I have internet through the LAN ports, but only for 1 pc at a time, and no internet over Wi-Fi.
Also, i cant access my C7 when without giving my pc a static ip, within the same subnet as my C7 (makes sense when im getting an ip from my M1, with different subnet/mask)

Im still confused. Why does stock TP-link firmware work without any hassle, when dd-wrt freaks out like this?
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sneezy_Squid wrote:

Im still confused. Why does stock TP-link firmware work without any hassle, when dd-wrt freaks out like this?

WikiDevi tells me C7 stock IP = 192.168.0.1 and M1 IP = 192.168.1.1. Different subnets. It just works.

I have no idea why it doesn't work when you are using DD-WRT, it should.

At this point maybe try older firmware from December or January. Have a look at the last few pages of this thread if you haven't already.
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=176560&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

What version is your C7?

Navigation

Jump to: