New (KONG) Test Build - 02/25/2019 - r38840M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
r7500v2. internet and wifi drops twice already even with nvram erase. reverted to 38835 v2
Sponsor
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
Wow Jerry, Mr K never slips a new build by you huh

lol my obsession. Kong may be trying the cpu schedutil switch in changeset 38840 for tatsuya. have a feeling that the previous patch no longer there since rx errors coming back :/

schedutil is not used in any IPQ builds, it is not supported well by the cpu.

Also I have zero issues anymore with wireless latency, in fact it is lower now compared to using ethernet clients, will be doing more tests tonight, but for me it is completely fixed, but I don't use any special service prioritization, just up/down limit. There was one little glitch in the basic qos scipt for hfsc and one issue with sub optimal defaults for fq_codel in mac80211. Now hfsc fq_codel gives me the same bufferbloat results compared to htb.

@tatsuya have you tried with basic qos, no service interface prios etc.,

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 16:15    Post subject: Re: Linksys EA-8500 Reply with quote
labrok wrote:
ok i will tell it again once, TORRENTS HANG UP THIS DAMN ROUTER,DOESNT MATTER WHICH CLIENT IS USING A TORRENT CLIENT PROGRAM, NEITHER WHICH PROGRAMM IS BEING USED, IT JUST HANGS THE ROUTER UP AFTER A FEW MINUTES. CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM IT IN ORDER TO HELP MR KONG FIX THIS ISSUE??? I AM TALKING ABOUT IT 2 MONTHS NOW. NO WAY TO EXTRACT ANY LOG FROM THE ROUTER BECAUSE IT BECOMES A STUPID USELESS BOX WHEN THIS IS HAPPENING AND IT NEEDS MANUA POWERCYCLE!!!

Did you check memory and active ip connections on status page while torrenting, to see if it runs out of memory or connections, default tcp connection timeout setting is quite high for torrent usage.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I pulled my ea8500 out of storage and configured as an Access Point only to see if it has the same issue as the r7800 with the wireless scheduling rebooting the router. I have it and have Traffic Shaping enabled on pfsense box so not really concerned with bufferbloat. No problem with the Site Survey unlike the r7800. Speeds are decent but will check back later to see what happens at the 1300 hour to see if the wireless scheduler causes a reboot.

EA8500 as Access Point

Update:It appears the ea8500 is not impacted with the Wireless Scheduler or 5ghz Site Survey issues as with the r7800.

Last edited by 05dyna on Mon Feb 25, 2019 18:30; edited 1 time in total
labrok
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 16:48    Post subject: Re: Linksys EA-8500 Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
labrok wrote:
ok i will tell it again once, TORRENTS HANG UP THIS DAMN ROUTER,DOESNT MATTER WHICH CLIENT IS USING A TORRENT CLIENT PROGRAM, NEITHER WHICH PROGRAMM IS BEING USED, IT JUST HANGS THE ROUTER UP AFTER A FEW MINUTES. CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM IT IN ORDER TO HELP MR KONG FIX THIS ISSUE??? I AM TALKING ABOUT IT 2 MONTHS NOW. NO WAY TO EXTRACT ANY LOG FROM THE ROUTER BECAUSE IT BECOMES A STUPID USELESS BOX WHEN THIS IS HAPPENING AND IT NEEDS MANUA POWERCYCLE!!!

Did you check memory and active ip connections on status page while torrenting, to see if it runs out of memory or connections, default tcp connection timeout setting is quite high for torrent usage.

Let me give you an idea, i added 2 torrents in a ubuntu torrentBox with transmission, when they reached about 50% of my line bandwidth 5MB/s (15-20seconds later) i tried to open the Router webUI to take the data you asked, and it just crashed ,just took 20seconds to crash, cannot even gather any data, this is so rapid!!!! when i am doing the same with a DIR868L with latest firmware, it has no problem at all.

Ps Vegas doesnt helped, went back to default
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:

many times, no change at all, or makes it worse

edit: well hfsc for the first time on k4.9 is doing better, but with pie only. with fq_codel is still a recipe for sluggishness, but its a start i guess

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
roadrun777 wrote:

Just out of curiousity mrjcd, why would you use unbound over say dnsmasq?
I read over the man page and I couldn't find anything in it that was different or more useful than dnsmasq.
I do use DNSmasq but unbound just does the DNS.
I just like to use 'Recursive DNS Resolving (Unbound)' ... just something I tinkered with when DD-WRT first installed on builds.
NOTE: If you ever enable it you may see in .../Router.asp 'Active IP Connections' well over 1000 depending on what all clients you may have looking around but it settles down after unbound gets itself sorted with the root DNS servers.
Only problem I have with it these days is local DNS don't work if you are connected to its ovpn server while using 'unbound'. Pushing the routers IP or ovpn server IP you can't resovle anything --- but either works just fine if unbound is disabled. Can resolved any public site if you push a public DNS from the ovpn server.

Using unbound & connected to ovpn server I can still get to any local device by IP ..... local DNS worked 'bout a year back but that don't really bother me too much because I have other ovpn servers on WAPs.

https://www.nlnetlabs.nl/projects/unbound/about/

roadrun777 wrote:
Also, what speed to you get out of the NAS?
I can't seen to get anything over 45MB/s and that is straight to a usb device that normally gets 130MB/s write speed when plugged directly into the computer.
I just use old USB 2 flash drives --- just copied a 1.2GB mp4 file to my winders10 from EA8500 main router samba and she showed --
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
roadrun777 those rules in this current state are reguarding LAN users, while torrens are pointed to WAN side so they must be FOrWARD instead
# Stop smurf attacks
iptables -A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type address-mask-request -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type timestamp-request -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp -j DROP
# Drop excessive RST packets to avoid smurf attacks
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flags RST RST -m limit --limit 2/second --limit-burst 2 -j ACCEPT

also not sure if they will work, have you check them if the catch anything ??

labrok not sure whats going on with your torrent stuff try also TCP time 200 UDP 80 and open ports 32k..
i guess your torrent might be compromised so make sure they don't use UPnP or DHT or any other dodge settings
personally i do a lot of torrent's and my other users do as well its kind of routine here... never had any complains by the way do you use QoS and SFE at the same time??

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
try also TCP time 200 UDP 80 and open ports 32k..

tcp timeout of not even 5 minutes is asking for trouble, even less than 15 mins is aweful, 10 minutes bare minimum, 15 is safer.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

edit: well hfsc for the first time on k4.9 is doing better, but with pie only. with fq_codel is still a recipe for sluggishness, but its a start i guess

Never looked into pie params, when I added support for it I just copied an pasted the other rules, thus will check them today and see if adjusting them enhances rates.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Never looked into pie params, when I added support for it I just copied an pasted the other rules, thus will check them today and see if adjusting them enhances rates.

pie's rates are good, hfsc was/is bad on every combo, i was saying for the first time on k4.9 hfsc is better all of a sudden with at least one, which is pie.

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

labrok
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
labrok not sure whats going on with your torrent stuff try also TCP time 200 UDP 80 and open ports 32k..
i guess your torrent might be compromised so make sure they don't use UPnP or DHT or any other dodge settings
personally i do a lot of torrent's and my other users do as well its kind of routine here... never had any complains by the way do you use QoS and SFE at the same time??

the torrent box is a fresh installed ubuntu 18.10 server with just transmission and smb installed on it. the problem is that whatever torrent i use, even qbitorrent on windows client, Router will hang up in seconds after high speed transfer has started, if transfer is slow, i have no problem at all.But as i nhave explained before, D-LUNK DIR868L rev3 with ltest ddwrt has no problem to handle this situation,same D-LINK dir860L with latest openwrt, even TL-WR1043ND v3 or tp-link TL-WDR3600ND v1.5 with openwrt has no problem at all, only EA-8500. i plan to isnatll latest openwrt to see if Linbksys will have the same problem as NOW,will inform you for the results.
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have 0 issues tormenting through my r7800 on Kongs builds including the one I am running from 2/23.

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152

Last edited by slidermike on Mon Feb 25, 2019 22:56; edited 1 time in total
thevogon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 22:45    Post subject: Re: Linksys EA-8500 Reply with quote
labrok wrote:

No issues ever on the R7800 with 200Mbs+ of torrents. I run firewall disabled, Torrents on port 554 and encryption forced on (both to bypass ISP traffic shaping), 1000 connections max, upstream capped to 5Mbs
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
labrok wrote:
Quote:

the torrent box is a fresh installed ubuntu 18.10 server with just transmission and smb installed on it. the problem is that whatever torrent i use, even qbitorrent on windows client, Router will hang up in seconds after high speed transfer has started, if transfer is slow, i have no problem at all.But as i nhave explained before, D-LUNK DIR868L rev3 with ltest ddwrt has no problem to handle this situation,same D-LINK dir860L with latest openwrt, even TL-WR1043ND v3 or tp-link TL-WDR3600ND v1.5 with openwrt has no problem at all, only EA-8500. i plan to isnatll latest openwrt to see if Linbksys will have the same problem as NOW,will inform you for the results.

Also anther way to completely hang the router quickly is turning on firewall logging.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: