Netgear 7800 - Password Will Not Clear From Network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
brv1968
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 18:41    Post subject: Netgear 7800 - Password Will Not Clear From Network Reply with quote
I've read the pinned messages already and have complied with the instructions to the best of my ability.

I bought a pre-flashed Netgear 7800 a while back. I had some issues with it and customer support told me I'd need to reset the router. I followed the instructions for a hard reset. The name of the network has been reset to dd-wrt but it is password protected, but the password is not known to me. (It's not the PW for my network prior to resetting the router). I've tried the 30/30/30 reset and a cold boot, all according to instructions on this site. I have caused the computer to forget the old network. Yet the network remains PW protected with a PW I don't know.

Two questions. First, does anyone here know how I can remove the PW?

Second, how/who could have placed a new PW on my network?
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
on the last 1 year builds the default Wi-Fi
pass is hard-coded along with the unit...
its the one written on the label of course you can still access the unit via cable...
than at the first instance you have to set your own username & pass ...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
brv1968
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
on the last 1 year builds the default Wi-Fi
pass is hard-coded along with the unit...
its the one written on the label of course you can still access the unit via cable...
than you have to set your own at the first instance...

LOL, thank you for pointing out the obvious. It worked. You would think their customer service would know to suggest I try that, but it hasn't been suggested in the last 16 emails with them. Very much appreciate your input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: