One hour lease on WAN IP. And not renewing automatically

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
MastaRain
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 18:08    Post subject: One hour lease on WAN IP. And not renewing automatically Reply with quote
Hi,
I keep getting a ONE HOUR lease time on my WAN IP. And it does not renew automatically.

I called Videotron (ISP) and they state that they don't provide lease time. They deliver IPs based on router MAC and you kind of remain on that IP until you change the router, or that they need to make maintenance on their network.

So after 1 hour, the lease time becomes zero, I lose all connection to Internet, until I hit "DHCP Renew". Then I get back my old IP (As I have the same router MAC).

If I manually "DHCP Release", I get all zeros, If I hit "DHCP Renew", I again get my same IP back.

This is driving me crazy.
Any idea?

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33986 std (12/04/17)
Router: Netgear R7000

Thanks
Sponsor
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would power off both the ISP's Modem and the R7000. Power-up the Modem 1st wait for it to up and ready. Then power-up the R7000.

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
MastaRain
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 14:07    Post subject: Moving to a new firmware then... Reply with quote
Hi, Thanks a lot for your replies!

1-ok, I can try changing the firmware.

I checked the file http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/Supported%20Models
It seems I should choose: dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin

But this is 2.4? As I already have 3.0 (DD-WRT v3.0-r33986 std)
Am I missing something?

2-Will this force me to REDO all my setup or there is a way to move my config from one firmware to the next? Or maybe get a report of my current config in a file, then I can side check them manually?

3-My router is running at 100% all the time. The load average is at 2.22, 1.75, 1.33. Even when no one is on the network. Wondering what causes this.

4-In the current firmware, I have configured a reboot every morning at 7am. to start our day fresh. Yet it does not seem to work.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: