Joined: 30 May 2017 Posts: 308 Location: Rural Manitoba
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 0:00 Post subject: r38381
Upgraded 3200 x2 and 1900 V1 r38347 -> r38381
MS Edge over WiFi on remote units
No particular problems encountered except;
1 - PPoE on Master no connect until hard reboot. Problem has occurred on latest builds every time. Not a big deal as the reboot gets all working again.
2 - CPU speed, usage, temperatures way out of wack after upgrade. "Apply Settings" and all seem to have been corrected to normal values. _________________ WRT3200acm Master WDS AP 5GHz 80Mhz r40009
WRT3200acm WDS Station r40900
WRT1900Ac V1 WDS AP 5Ghz r35898 (Defective, no 2.4Ghz but 5Ghz works great)
WRT1900AC V1 WDS Station r35898
WRT1900AC V1 SPARE r35898
WRT1200AC V1 Client-Bridge r35898
WRT54G DD-WRT v3.0-r37305 micro Client-Bridged for 1 IP Camera
EX6200 DD-WRT r38535 - Spare
EX7000 Stock Firmware Spare
Devices and Cameras and Sensors
15 WiFi cameras, 4 desktops, 2 laptop, 12 Sonoff Basic/TH16, Artisan 700 Printer, Ongoing testing of other devices.
I just upgraded to this firmware as a test to get my feet back in the dd-wrt game. My 1900ACv2 has been powered down and collecting dust for the better part of a year now.
Switched partitions using the ubootenv set boot_part command via putty and then webflashed the router. All went well, and it did in fact save all of my OpenVPN settings, which I would like to jump back into as well to see if I can get that all back up and running again.
No performance comparisons to make and I came from 33555 (October 2017). The router ran fine before I took it down, and I had no issues with 33555 but just decided that before I commit the router back to service, I should at least familiarize myself with flashing a newer version BEFORE I jump out of the pot and into the fire.
Was having issues with assigning static IPs to clients but I'm not convinced that was the build's fault.
VHT(80MHz) WPA2 Personal
Oddly enough, I am/was having the same problems. Could not assign static wireless IP's to clients.
I am new here and I have flashed my router for the very first time with factory-to-ddwrt.bin of this release r38381. The flashing went smooth using Safari v12.0.3 and the router works fine, except for using static IP address with my iPhone. It can only connect via DHCP. Oddly, our MacBooks (High Sierra and Mojave) can have static IPs, while connecting wireless or ethernet cable to the network.
In addition, I have noticed that the firewall logs are empty, although syslog and firewall logging are enabled. _________________ Linksys WRT3200ACM:
Gateway mode, DNSMasq for DNS and DHCP, OpenVPN client enabled, Firewall enabled, QoS enabled, USB Printer Support enabled (with USB over IP disabled) for printing. WIFI:
* ath0, 5ghz (private), mixed, 80mhz channel width, WPA2 personal, AES;
* ath1.x, 2.4ghz (private and separate guest) both: mixed, 20mhz channel width, WPA2 personal, AES.