Ddwrt back to factory issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
rremando
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:35    Post subject: Ddwrt back to factory issue Reply with quote
I am using a dlink 810L router. For months i had ddwrt installed and used it as a bridge router. Recently things changed so I wanted to revert back to stock firmware. I put my router in recovery mode and attempted to install factory firmware which I downloaded from the dlink website. It said it installed successfully, I rebooted my router and I can’t login or even get to the login page.

I notice my router is still naming itself as “dd-wrt” so I try pulling it up with 192.168.0.2 and it won’t pull up that either. I’ve been messing around with it, installing factory again, ddwrt firmware, back and forth and nothing seems to be working. Can anyone help? Did I brick my router? Any help would be great!
Sponsor
FurryNutz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use the following browsers only: IE or Fire Fox. Chrome and other browsers may cause the FW download to become corrupt or may improperly handle the data causing the router to be come bricked. Internet Explorer works sometimes however users have reported that FF has better results and works 100% of the time. For IE, lower the IE security settings, add the 192.168.0.1 or .50 to the trusted sites under "sites" in security tab of the Internet Options.

Procedure for DIR series routers

Store a copy of the router firmware (.BIN) on the HDD of a local PC. Download the FW file ahead of time.

Connect an Ethernet cable between one of the LAN ports on the rear of the router and the network port on the local PC

Configure the PC with a static IP address other than 192.168.0.1 (e.g. 192.168.0.5)

Power down the router and unplug the power cord

Press and hold the reset button on the rear of the router for 3 to 5 seconds and re-plug the power cord without releasing the reset button

Continue to hold the reset button until the amber power light keeps blinking on and off. NOTE: For some DIR series, continue holding the reset button up to 10 seconds.

Open a web browser and enter the following address: http://192.168.0.1/

Wait for the D-Link Router Recovery Mode page to load

Using the Choose File button, select the router firmware stored on the local PC and then press Upload

After the firmware successfully loads, a Success page will display

Last edited by FurryNutz on Tue May 28, 2019 14:05; edited 1 time in total
kabi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
From my experience - do you use Window10 - with IE ?

Do you see while you are uploading firmware in recovery mode the upgrading process ? (relatively slowly going-up percentage going up-to 100% as the firmware flashing is progressing)

With other browsers and OSes (i.e. Linux) I'd numerous problems and flashing basically was not happing at all.
SoLoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im always using Chrome on Win10 and i never had any issues...
NittenM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
SoLoR wrote:
Im always using Chrome on Win10 and i never had any issues...

Agree with you!
FurryNutz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
In most cases I use IE11x32 in Windows to 10 do all my FW updates or load FW. FF and Opera are my fall back or go to should I find something odd with IE11. Chrome can be used if it's working for users. Just from my experience and seen with other users experiences and finding out what they were using, Chrome has been known to cause problems.

When I comes to FW updates and load, I choose to use the most safest methods. Wink

kabi wrote:
From my experience - do you use Window10 - with IE ?

Do you see while you are uploading firmware in recovery mode the upgrading process ? (relatively slowly going-up percentage going up-to 100% as the firmware flashing is progressing)

With other browsers and OSes (i.e. Linux) I'd numerous problems and flashing basically was not happing at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: