[SOLVED] 1900ACv2 with dd-wrt - Can SSH in ..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Boogalooz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:53    Post subject: [SOLVED] 1900ACv2 with dd-wrt - Can SSH in .. Reply with quote
In my enthusiasm to get back into the 1900ACv2, I flashed the newest beta yesterday, and then decided to change my fairly secure password and probably my username as well, and then forgot to log it where I could retrieve it later.....like today.

What I can do is successfully log in via PuTTY (SSH) because the username is root obviously, and the password I already knew.... What I do not know is whether or not the router gui password is the same as the root level (ssh) password? If the password is the same, then it is the login/username that I have changed and can't remember.

My question is, since I am able to ssh in, can I somehow change the webgui pass and login via ssh, so I can get into the router and make some changes, or am I doomed to reset this thing and lose everything?

If there is a way for me to make changes via ssh, can you tell me exactly how? I am smart enough to know how to ssh in, but not smart enough to know how to do anything other than copy paste the partition change commands that I copied from the "how to flash your router" guides.

Thanks.

Last edited by Boogalooz on Tue Feb 05, 2019 19:42; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
Boogalooz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:40    Post subject: SOLVED Reply with quote
Turns out the info is in the wiki...

I just had to read through the wiki faq and in fact you CAN reset the password via ssh IF you can get in via SSH by using the following commands

nvram set http_passwd= (hit enter)

nvram commit (hit enter)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: