Connecting mesh system to DD-WRT THROUGH modem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
jdelly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 18:53    Post subject: Connecting mesh system to DD-WRT THROUGH modem Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I just purchased and set up the Nova mesh system from Tenda. So far so good. However, with its limited interface, I thought I would have it run through my DD-WRT Archer C7 to capitalize on my QoS and Firewall settings. However, currently, I don't have a cable long enough to attach directly to the Archer, so I have it connected to a LAN port on my ATT modem. So the Archer and Nova are connected in parallel to LAN ports 1 and 2 on the ATT modem. The Nova is operating in bridge mode and is pulling all traffic through the Archer running DD-WRT, but I'm wondering if this attachment method will give me issues currently or down the line? Will it limit my throughput, or is the ATT modem just acting like a gigabit switch, and I should be fine?

Additionally, if I wanted to connect the Nova directly to the ATT modem, bypass the DD-WRT Archer, but keep the Archer running a different LAN network for only wired connections like a NAS, should I re-enable packet filtering and firewall on the ATT modem, or will this cause issues since the firewall is enabled on the Archer? Will it slow things down to have two firewalls running like that?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: