Slow wireless speed Linksys E1200 V2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
vulcan6020
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 22:39    Post subject: Slow wireless speed Linksys E1200 V2 Reply with quote
I installed the DD-WRT firmware for a Linksys E1200 V2 Broadcom BCM5357C0 using the newer dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_ K2.6_mini-e1200v2.bin in January 2016. It worked normally until last month when suddenly I was getting dial up speed over my wireless connections. I have a spare identical router so I switched it out as it was configured the same way. I was back on line and everything seemed normal. I did a hard reset on the other router and was able to log in and configure it as before. I switched them out again and for about a week everything was fine. Then my speed dropped again. I ran speed test and it only worked once in a while and when it did it showed about .15 MBS when I have 12 MBS service. If I connected an Ethernet cable to the laptop then the speed test would work normally and show the correct speed. I switched out the routers and shortly after connecting the speed problem showed up on the other. I played with the settings on the router and laptop (actually have 2 laptops) and nothing seemed to help on either laptop. After several days of resetting defaults, changing configurations I still had no luck. In a last ditch effort I reinstalled the original Linksys firmware and restarted the router. I was able to get back on at normal speed for both wired and wireless. I then installed the latest Linksys firmware for my router and continued to use it without problems. I found there was a newer version of DD-WRT so I downloaded it and installed. The version is DD-WRTv3.0-r37305mini. Again the system worked for a couple of days then suddenly slowed down on the wireless. I used hard resets on all the firmware changes, updated the wireless card driver, disabled then enabled all network devices on the laptop and reset the router to factory defaults. I can’t seem to find any cause and am at a loss as to what to try next. I currently have a router with the newest Linksys firmware but do not have all the options I use when using DD-WRT. I am using an HP 17-bs0xx laptop with all latest updates installed. Windows 10 Home is installed with all the latest updates. My wireless adapter is a Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 b/g/n. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. Please let me know what other information I can supply.
Sponsor
danielwritesback
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
To recap that textwall, several versions of DD-WRT slowed the wireless to a crawl; however, E1200v2 worked perfectly on factory firmware.

Now pressing the enter key to get some space.

Try it. Its fun!

Anyway, when the wifi went to a crawl, it may have been a driver difference.

You can try DD-WRT 33525 (working multicast) or DD-WRT 31899 (working vap) or FreshTomato (from 2018.5 folder, freshtomato-E1200v2-NVRAM64K_RT-N5x-MIPSR2-2018.5-Max).

Try any lower channels, especially 3 or 4, enable cts to auto and set interference to wlan manual.
DD-WRT doesn't have interference settings in the gui; so, here's a startup script:
wl -i eth1 interference_override 2

E3000 5ghz multicast AP DD-WRT 33525 K2.6
WRT54GSv2 long range AP HyperWRT 15
2 WR841Nv9 DD-WRT 33006 AP
vulcan6020
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Danielwritesback,

Thank you for your reply. I will try the 33525 version ans see if that solves my problem along with the other suggestions. I hope I didn't make too many mistakes with my posting. It was my first. Sorry if I did. Thanks again for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: