WNDR4000 and VLAN Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ppmax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 15:46    Post subject: WNDR4000 and VLAN Support Reply with quote
Hi--

I have a WNDR4000 and need to assign 2 ports to 192.168.0.x and 2 ports to 192.168.2.x. This device is intended to replace an aging WRT54GL that is performing these duties now...so I have set up VLANs before and have isolated the subnets, etc.

On the WNDR4000, I have tried builds 21676 and the Kong 22000++ DLNA builds mentioned on the device wiki, but every time I reassign ports to vlans in the GUI (or via nvram) the device will hang, and I'll need to 30/30/30 and start again.

So it would appear that the builds I have tried don't support VLANs on this device...are there any builds that support VLANs on the WNDR4000?

thanks much--
PP
Sponsor
ppmax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
FWIW, finally got it all working....the VLAN support on this device is definitely "wonky" (hate that word).

Strangely, while the device appears to hang after some changes, I found that plugging in a cable to the WAN port would get it working again...almost like it was waiting for a connection before running.

Anyways, happy(tier) camper now.

PP
v01pe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
ppmax wrote:
FWIW, finally got it all working....the VLAN support on this device is definitely "wonky" (hate that word).

Strangely, while the device appears to hang after some changes, I found that plugging in a cable to the WAN port would get it working again...almost like it was waiting for a connection before running.

Anyways, happy(tier) camper now.

PP

Hey, I realise this is a rather old thread, but I'm fighting for a while now with my `WNDR3700v3` and it's supposed to have the same hardware as the 4000 according to the wiki page.

Can you please share your vlan setup, if you still have it running? I can't find a way to get any new VLAN that I set up to give me an IP on the corresponding ports.

Cheers, Jan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: