CAKE and PIE...Anybody want some?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
DaveI
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 22:14    Post subject: CAKE and PIE...Anybody want some? Reply with quote
No not holiday desserts...

I'm wondering why CAKE and PIE is not available for QOS options? I searched the bugtracker and saw that there were requests for these more than a year ago. It looks like there might have been some implementation at least for Broadcom routers but it may have been dropped. I'm just wondering why BS hasn't implemented this into DD. I know it was implemented in LEDE/WRT quite some time ago.
My interest in this was sparked by a recent increase in bandwidth by my ISP (WISP/Rural) and some resulting complaints by some using our VOIP. When I tested on DSLReports.com I saw that indeed I was getting D's across the board...I've since enabled QOS (HTB/FQ_CODEL) with settings 95 percent on download and 90 percent on upload and now have A's across the board on the DSLReports.com test but I know that CAKE and PIE are more updated versions and that CAKE uses less resources and that PIE appears to be better for people who have high bandwidth (I don't I'm 10 UP and 20 DOWN)...
Like I said the requests for this to be implemented into DD are more than a year old and I know BS is pretty fast on implementing new features so I'm wondering why they haven't been implemented?? Anybody know?

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
One off the things i wouldn't mind seeing added so fingers crossed

Navigation

Jump to: