Upgrading thru GUI hangs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
thiswaythatway
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:52    Post subject: Upgrading thru GUI hangs. Reply with quote
As titlesuggest, updating hangs thru GUI and never actually updates. I have tried at least 3 different ones with no joy.

During the (what I figured was the end) of the process after the count down and the 30+ minutes after. I finally sent it a REBOOT command thru TELNET and regained control.

I am going the TELNET route next will report back. Also looking at logs.

In the meantime, if any of you have experienced this or have any suggestions. Please don't be shy!

Thanks!

Glenn

EDIT: I could not find any logs.
Router NameDD-WRT
Router ModelLinksys WRT3200ACM
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r35531 std (03/26/1Cool
Kernel VersionLinux 4.9.90 #121 SMP PREEMPT Sun Mar 25 16:05:00 CEST 2018 armv7l
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r35531 std (03/26/1Cool
Sponsor
thiswaythatway
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 22:46    Post subject: Re: Upgrading thru GUI hangs. Reply with quote
thiswaythatway wrote:
As titlesuggest, updating hangs thru GUI and never actually updates. I have tried at least 3 different ones with no joy.

During the (what I figured was the end) of the process after the count down and the 30+ minutes after. I finally sent it a REBOOT command thru TELNET and regained control.

I am going the TELNET route next will report back. Also looking at logs.

In the meantime, if any of you have experienced this or have any suggestions. Please don't be shy!

Thanks!

Glenn

EDIT: I could not find any logs.
Router NameDD-WRT
Router ModelLinksys WRT3200ACM
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r35531 std (03/26/1Cool
Kernel VersionLinux 4.9.90 #121 SMP PREEMPT Sun Mar 25 16:05:00 CEST 2018 armv7l
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r35531 std (03/26/1Cool

I swapped partitions and still the process failed. At least this time it actually said fail. It does not seem to matter which version I use, so its not the firmware. It is certainly something that I am not doing incorrectly.

My (latest) Process:
Telneted to router.
Swapped partitions.
Did not reboot.
In the DD-wrt GUI I initiated the update thru 'Admin/Firmware",
Wait
wait
wait
About 30 mins and it did not restart on its own but cam back with a Update Failed message.
Rebooted the router by unpluging and waiting for 10 sec and pluging back in.
Came up with Linksys GUI. Went to the Admin page and choose "restore Backup" or something like that and rebooted and it came back with the DD-WRT GUI with all settings intact.

Please weigh in.
zakaron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds like the browser issue. I, and several others from various posts I've read, have had issues with the browser being used to perform the update. When I try Chrome, it hangs at the update process and counts down like you are saying. I think some have been using Firefox - I myself just did the update last night from IE 11 which worked fine.
thiswaythatway
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
zakaron wrote:
Sounds like the browser issue. I, and several others from various posts I've read, have had issues with the browser being used to perform the update. When I try Chrome, it hangs at the update process and counts down like you are saying. I think some have been using Firefox - I myself just did the update last night from IE 11 which worked fine.

zakaron,

Thanks that worked like charm! I used FF and it went thru.

Thanks for the suggestion!
malventano
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had this exact issue come up while updating a couple of WRT1900AC's. Both 37305 and 36698 exhibited this behavior when attempting to update via Chrome, but not via Edge. Same deal as the OP - web GUI hangs but telnet works, etc.

Once I got to 40559 (my destination build), I was able to successfully update via Chrome again. Appears the issue was limited to at least builds 36698-37305.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: