Hello all

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
wannabe2018
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 13:53    Post subject: Hello all Reply with quote
Just saying hello. Totally noob. Yes, I read the 3 major posts and, due to that, dd-wrt installed perfectly easy on my router Wink No real "questions" just saying hello and then going to go read up on stuff.

I have a brute force I cannot stop on my network. No idea why the heck they latched on, but my security log is full of attempts every few seconds to log in, so.. decided to try to lock down my network.

I have 3 of the same brand routers, so figured to use one as my "external" and then have another be my "internal" and vpn it to the other....no idea if that will matter, but heck.. I had 3 of them so.. heh...

Anyway, basic install of dd-wrt.. figure to go browse, look what others are doing, learn a little.. and hope I can stop them from hitting my PCs/network.

I donated, btw...always like to say thanks for the help.

Have a great day!

Noob
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum Smile

Be sure to set a strong password and do not expose Gui or Telnet from the WAN side (this is off by default)

On the same page you can enable "Log Management"

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
wannabe2018
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have my RT-AC3200 plugged directly into my other PC (older pc) right now, with no internet connection so I can set it up before I switch everything over.

My PLAN is to come up with a gameplan for swapping all the unifi APs to the new subnet (they are REAL picky about matching the cloud key) THEN.. take the network down, swap the router out.. and re-image THIS pc I am on and the old one, before I use that network... heh. That way, no "unwanted apps" will have been running when the new network comes up.

So, doing some research, figuring out the best setup.. then will "make it all happen".

I posted something in the Broadcom forum with the goals, but am reading as much on the forum as possible before I proceed.

Thank Mr. EGC Smile

noob-in-training
wannabe2018
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welp... I installed dd-wrt on my 3200 and think I have it set up. Just gotta get the APs all synchronized and we be red-eye ta goooooo.. Razz

Had to reset it all.. lol.. I got called away with wife aggro and when I got back, forgot what the password was to the router.. lol
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: