Help installing on a mini ARM computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
zyrix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:36    Post subject: Help installing on a mini ARM computer Reply with quote
So I'm really new to working with firmware on ARM devices and I'm hoping that someone could possibly point me in the right direction. I've installed DD-WRT on many off the shelf routers over the years but this challenge is a first for me.

I have what is essentially a mini ARM based computer (Marvell Armada 3700LP dual core ARM Cortex A53) with 1GB of ram, and it boots off a SD card. I'm wanting to get DD-WRT installed on it, and I know it supports ARM architecture. I assume installation would pretty simple as it uses the SD card and again I assume almost impossible to brick.

The problem is I'm not sure where to start. Do I have to build from scratch? Can I use an Generic ARM image? I assume at the least I'd have to modify the /boot, or do I?
I don't have a wireless card now, but will either install a minipcie card or a usb wireless card, will that change how I do the install?

So far OpenWRT works on it, but I never realized how much I don't like that software and the train-wreck of an interface. I would very much prefer to get DD-WRT working if at all possible.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: