Configuring WRT3200ACM for repeater mode w. WPA2-Enterprise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Jdo300
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 21:14    Post subject: Configuring WRT3200ACM for repeater mode w. WPA2-Enterprise Reply with quote
Hello All,

I just recently flashed my WRT3200ACM router with the 11-17-2018-r37736 build of DD-WRT. The flash process seems to have gone well and I am currently working out how to properly configure it for my situation.

I want to configure the router to connect to my building's WiFi network, which uses WPA2-Enterprise encryption, so that I can share the internet connection with wired devices on my LAN. From what I've been reading online, I need to configure the router in repeater mode, but when I look at the "Wireless Mode" options for each interface under the Wireless -> Basic Settings tab, it only has AP, Client, Client Bridge (Routed), Adhoc, WDS Station, and WDS AP.

I read here that if I didn't have the Repeater mode listed, to
Quote:
just set the original interface as "client" and get it to connect to your AP, then create a virtual interface (VAP) to broadcast the new SSID.

So in my case, I set ath0 and ath1 both as APs for my LAN, and ath2 as the Client mode with the following settings:

Wireless Mode: Client
Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
Channel Width: Full (20 MHz)
Wireless Channel: Auto
TurboQAM support: Disabled
SSID: BuildingNetworkSSID
SSID Broadcast: Disable

Then, I went into the Wireless Security tab and set ath0 and ath1 for "WPA2-Personal" security with the TKIP and CCMP-128 (AES) algorithms selected. For the ath2 setting, I selected "WPA2-Enterprise" and also checked the TKIP and CCMP-128 (AES) checkboxes for this connection.

Now, I need to be able to enter a username and password for the login, but I'm not sure where to put that information. The only textboxes available for the interface are "Radius Auth Shared Secret", "Radius Auth Backup Shared Secret", and "Custom Config". Where do I need to go to enter the login information?

Also, am I even doing this correctly? Any help/pointers/guidance would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for all the n00b questions!

- Jason O
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: