Tp link Archer c7 v5 EU

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
understracker
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
overdrawn wrote:
understracker wrote:

PS

AFAIK r37961 is the most stable beta till now for v5. There's only some minor cosmetic issues with the LAN LEDs.

Hi understracker,

In this svn post, you mentioned that r37961 has problem with 5Ghz. Do have any firmware recommendation that has stable 5Ghz? I really need 5Ghz on my device. Thanks!

I dont really have a recommendation. Im currently on r37961. My only 5 GHz devices are mobile phones so your mileage may vary depending on the client device. I dont use 5GHz at least for now.
Sponsor
SataVir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi i am quite new to play with router so please forgive my knowledge. I have got Archer c7 v5, i would like to use it as openvpn client for vpn passthrough for all devices at my home. Am i able to do it? (as i read i can do it but i wanted to get experts idea to be sure)

I downloaded 2 file from this link of release r37961
https://dd-wrt.com/support/other-downloads/?path=betas%2F2018%2F12-12-2018-r37961%2Ftplink_archer-c7-v5%2F

Probably many times these questions asked on forums sorry if i am repeating it but
1- may i use tplink web interface to install dd-wrt? or do i need to use tfpt? If its tfpt is there any guideline to do it?
2- On release there is 2 file factory-to-ddwrt.bin and tplink_archer-c7-v5.bin. Is tplink_archer-c7-v5.bin file for restore operation and factory-to-ddwrt.bin for installation?
jicanew
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I have an archer c7 v5 I have installed the firmware r37961 through the GUI without problems.
For now it works well, I only see some problems in the LEDs that precede and turn off strangely. The wifi works slow I have a connection of 100 Mbits but I can not exceed 10 Mbits.
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
SataVir wrote:
1- may i use tplink web interface to install dd-wrt? or do i need to use tfpt? If its tfpt is there any guideline to do it?
2- On release there is 2 file factory-to-ddwrt.bin and tplink_archer-c7-v5.bin. Is tplink_archer-c7-v5.bin file for restore operation and factory-to-ddwrt.bin for installation?

Have you read this?
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP_Link_Archer_C7

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad + Blocklist Collection
SataVir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
bushant wrote:
SataVir wrote:

Have you read this?
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP_Link_Archer_C7

I didnt read it before , thanks a lot bushant its answering my questions.
SataVir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have got 1000mbit internet and when i use openvpn from my own computer my download speed is decresing to 70-80mbit (which is acceptable for me) but when i setup openvpn client from router its dropping to 7-10mbit. I tried UDP-TCP , there was slightly differences.
Guys what is your highest download speed while using routers open client? Am i doing something wrong or routers hardware isnt able to support higher speeds on vpn?
qbadm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new but I hope I'll find help here Smile So, I've changed firmware on my Acher C7 v5 from stock to beta 12-12-2018-r37961 (uploaded via TFTP), unfortunately WiFi speed is such slow, unacceptable for me and I decided to go back to stock ROM. How can I do this? I read this post: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP_Link_Archer_C7 but I can't find reversion file for my router. Is there any way to revert firmware via TFTP? Thanks is advance for any suggestions guys Smile

Update: I've uploaded Open-WRT +Luci and now I'm able to upload stock ROM via web GUI, but I'm impressed how nice Luci is, maybe our romance will take longer than I thought Very Happy
krtno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 13:52    Post subject: tp-link Archer C7 v5 is not working after restart Reply with quote
Hi

I did the flashing on a tp-link archer c7 v5 (EU) as recommended. Hard reset, flashing and then hard reset.

The problem is that if the router reboots, it doesn't boot again and goes bricked.

I setup a TFTP recovery and reverted it again to stock flash, tried several times again with different builds.

If the router reboots (hard reset, scheduled reboot or through web app) it doesn't boot.

Can you help me on this?
jicanew
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
qbadm wrote:
Hi, I'm new but I hope I'll find help here Smile So, I've changed firmware on my Acher C7 v5 from stock to beta 12-12-2018-r37961 (uploaded via TFTP), unfortunately WiFi speed is such slow, unacceptable for me and I decided to go back to stock ROM. How can I do this? I read this post: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP_Link_Archer_C7 but I can't find reversion file for my router. Is there any way to revert firmware via TFTP? Thanks is advance for any suggestions guys Smile

Update: I've uploaded Open-WRT +Luci and now I'm able to upload stock ROM via web GUI, but I'm impressed how nice Luci is, maybe our romance will take longer than I thought Very Happy

Hi can you help me reverse the stock firmawre ?
MySigMy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Indeed, that would be interessting. Just use the original firmware file from TP-Link wouldn't work because of the bootloader right?
oracle_sod
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, im having the same issue with boot loader now too...

I used the OpenWRT recovery image and OpenWRT works but none of the DDWRT images work to get back to DDWRT and I cant push the factory firmware from TP-Link either.

At this point i get OpenWRT and nothing else

Any ideas how to fix this or what i can do to troubleshoot
spyfly
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now i have :

TP-Link ARCHER-C7 v5
DD-WRT v3.0-r37961 std (12/12/18 )

I can use OpenVPN Server but not work. Anybody use Archer-c7 v5 with OpenVPN Server??

Thanks
labrok
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:07    Post subject: Need Some advise please Reply with quote
I got an Archer c7 v5 (EU) factory fw sucks hard, cannot be connect to a mikrotik AP (the AP doesnt "see" it in 5GHz) 2.4 GHz is weak as hell and usb speeds suckss hard, the only good is that it can connect to my 100/10 MBps line with full speed and AC bandwidth can reach 65MB/s to my intel 8265AC laptop (hardware NAT enabled). The question is....will i have any improvement on AC tx power and usb speeds by flashing DDWRT, wifi bandwidth and wan speed are out of question must be as good as factory! and finally is it possible to revert back in factory if something goes wrong? Thank you
velizarov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 19:12    Post subject: TP-Link ARCHER-C7 v5 loop reboot after install dd-wrt Reply with quote
Hello.

I have TP-Link ARCHER-C7 v5.

I'm trying to install dd-wrt from here: https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/07-04-2019-r40189/tplink_archer-c7-v5/

and I use this howto: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP_Link_Archer_C7

Stage one (factory to dd) is complete. Stage two (update to tplink_archer-c7-v5.bin) is failing. Now the router reboots every 30 sec.

What you need to do to restore its firmware?
velizarov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 19:56    Post subject: Re: TP-Link ARCHER-C7 v5 loop reboot after install dd-wrt Reply with quote
velizarov wrote:
Hello.

I have TP-Link ARCHER-C7 v5.

I'm trying to install dd-wrt from here: https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/07-04-2019-r40189/tplink_archer-c7-v5/

and I use this howto: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP_Link_Archer_C7

Stage one (factory to dd) is complete. Stage two (update to tplink_archer-c7-v5.bin) is failing. Now the router reboots every 30 sec.

What you need to do to restore its firmware?

I'm trying to use tftp-server (use winagents TFTP Server Manager), to upload dd-wrt, open-wrt and original factory.bin File download but not complete transferred. Maybe need to use another tftp server?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: