EX6200 flashed with dd-wrt - dd-wrt wifi password?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
azn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok it will sound stupid, but as it was not working on Windows 10 machine.... when I connected the dd-wrt router to my sons linux PC - it worked like a charm. I got the IP address via DHCP and was able to access the WWW interface. Still I need to set it up as it doesn't pass the internet over wifi ssids but I bet some settings are wrong.

I will read more about it tomorrow.

Thank you all for help and support.
Sponsor
CyclingAsia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
azn wrote:
Ok it will sound stupid, but as it was not working on Windows 10 machine.... when I connected the dd-wrt router to my sons linux PC - it worked like a charm. I got the IP address via DHCP and was able to access the WWW interface. Still I need to set it up as it doesn't pass the internet over wifi ssids but I bet some settings are wrong.

I will read more about it tomorrow.

Thank you all for help and support.

I thought I would add to this as I had the same issue the other day...

Using the 37305 (10/10/1Cool build, I set my router to "client bridge" which resulted in me not being able to access the web interface. After resetting the device, the "dd-wrt" wifi network appeared with a WPA2 password (of which I didn't know). Eventually I got into the device using an ethernet cable.

On the wireless security page, the preconfigured wifi password was "ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ..." (I'm not sure how many characters was there though). So it seems that the EX6200 does not have a default wifi password and dd-wrt is getting the above.

Anyway, not much help other than random information. If anyone resets their EX6200, get the ethernet cable ready.
phireak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:25    Post subject: EX6200 DD-WRT Kong Summer Firmware Wi-Fi Password Reply with quote
My EX6200 Wi-Fi Password: ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

https://www.myopenrouter.com/download/ex6200-dd-wrt-kong-summer-firmware-update
ghent96
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think that's a real password ^

When you flash/upgrade to ddwrt via the 'old' netgear firmware web interface, you will have your computer connected via ethernet cable directly to the EX6200 on port 5.

After you flash ddwrt and restart the router, you will connect to it via 192.168.1.1 still on port 5. Immediately setup your admin name, admin password, and wifi network broadcast SSID and password. Then and only then, can you reboot the router and disconnect the ethernet cable, and/or move it to ports 1-4. Port 5 becomes a WAN port on ddwrt, AFAIK.

I kept getting that default IP 169.254,etc, assigned to my laptop, via ethernet cable, and an unresponsive 'router' while still plugged into port 5 while setting up ddwrt, and was confused about why. I went through several 30-sec resets, until I realized port 5 was now WAN, and I just needed to plugin to port 1-4 instead. I plugged ethernet into port 4, router responded, got a valid IP, continued setup on ddwrt gui just fine.

btw - 30-30-30 is a myth. Just hold down reset either for a few seconds for a soft reset, or longer, for a hard reset to 'factory/ddwrt' defaults. I counted to 30. Maybe it's 7, or 10, or 20, but the whole 30-30-30 isn't necessary.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: