New <Kong> Test Build 37845 11-25-2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
underwriter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
deslatha wrote:
Happy Holliday to all, R7000 is router top of a line right now, but it has minor issues on wifi chipset if your router already was installed ddwrt then you can flash r7000_cfe_upgrade.bin to get full feater and improver wifi.
code:
dd if=/tmp/mnt/sda1/r7000_cfe_upgrade.bin of=/dev/mtdblock0

warning: do know how to flash and upgrade cfe otherwise stay away from it.

pros: no more issues on wifi, enjoin test all ddwrt fw or any tomato...xvortex.
cons: from installed ddwrt ready, do know how to flash.

note:
*cfe from xvortex.
*nvram vars from most collection routers.
*30 minutes assembly and put all together.
Happy and enjoin the best router in Holliday season. and do not forget thanks to Kong made all thing possible.

What is the advantage of flashing r7000_cfe_upgrade.bin?
What problem does it solve? Just curious before taking the risk.
Sponsor
shauno100
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
So since i have disabled the radio time restrictions the router has not crashed and has been running well.

I have noticed though from time to time and this morning i could not connect to the 5Ghz band, i could see the SSID on my client devices but as soon as i attempted to connect it just kept retrying and then eventually "authentication error" occurred. Turned off the router and back on and i could then connect successfully.

Is this issue to do with the VAP Authentication issues reported at https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=317181 ?
shauno100
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
mac913 wrote:
shauno100 wrote:
Unfortunately this did not work. When i checked at 8:10AM this morning the WiFi was off on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands. I could not connect to my OpenVPN server from my mobile phone. I then switched on my PC (connected via ethernet) and my IP was a 169.** IP address, completely different to the IP subnet i'm using. Could not access the DD-WRT config page consequently.

I had to switch off the modem and turn back on. Once again everything is now fine until it reoccurs tomorrow. Either the Radio scheduler is causing the issue or there may be some sort of bug? causing the router to become inaccessible after a period of time.

Anyone else having this issue? I think i will revert to an earlier Kong release and see how it goes.

Try this startup....

Code:
# --StartUp Script for Restarting WiFi on Build 37845M---
# Use Cron to reset Radios 2min after 8am everyday
# 2 8 * * * root /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
# Create Script Below in folder /tmp/cron_jobs
#
stopservice cron
mkdir /tmp/cron_jobs
echo -e "#!/bin/sh" > /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "# ---Restart Radios---" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "stopservice nas" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "stopservice wlconf" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "wlconf eth1 up" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "wlconf eth2 up" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "startservice nas" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "exit 0" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
chmod 755 /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
startservice cron

Use the same Con Job and reboot and test. And if doesn't work, I have one more up my sleeve.

I ended up creating two scripts, one to turn off WiFi and one to turn on WiFi and used cron jobs to schedule the execution of these.

The WiFi Off script uses startservice radio_off -f whilst the WiFi on script uses startservice radio_on -f. These commands work fine when executed within Administration>Commands in the DD WRT config page (Wifi turns off and turns on)

With the cron jobs the WiFI turned off successfully as per cron schedule at 11PM. When i woke up this morning the WiFi had not turned back on, ethernet connections were also lost. So this is the exact same issue as when using the Radio Time Restrictions method (i wonder if this used the same commands as i manually configured to turn on/off the radios?)

In conclusion the router seems to crash at some stage during the next 9 hours after the WiFI is turned off by the cron job at 11PM. The issue doesn't happen immediately after the WiFI is off so no idea whats happening here.
ERGON
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
#!/bin/sh
###############################
# WiFi_OFF.sh
###############################
/bin/sleep 15
/sbin/stopservice nas
/bin/sleep 2
/usr/sbin/wl -i eth2 radio off
/bin/sleep 2
/sbin/ifconfig eth2 down
/bin/sleep 2
/sbin/startservice nas
/bin/sleep 2

#!/bin/sh
##############################
# WiFi_ON.sh
##############################
/bin/sleep 15
/sbin/stopservice nas
/bin/sleep 2
/sbin/ifconfig eth2 up
/bin/sleep 2
/usr/sbin/wl -i eth2 radio on
/bin/sleep 2
/sbin/startservice nas
/bin/sleep 2

It is worked on Buffalo WZR-1750DHP with dd-wrt V.38253 (eth2 is the interface of the 2,4GHz).

Bye
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: