D-Link DIR-810L C1 Stuck On Recovery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
piyuv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 21:40    Post subject: D-Link DIR-810L C1 Stuck On Recovery Reply with quote
Hello all!

My aim was to use my router as repeater/bridge. I've checked the dd-wrt wiki but hardware specific page didn't list my model. So after reading a bit I decided to go on and flash.

I downloaded files from https://dd-wrt.com/support/other-downloads/?path=betas%2F2018%2F11-17-2018-r37736%2Fdlink-dir810l-c1%2F
(11-17-2018 beta folder, r37736)

I reset my router using the reset button (not 30-30-30), I connected to my router via wifi, I selected factory-to-ddwrt.bin file and flashed it. After successfully flashing it, I couldn't connect to my router. I did the 30-30-30 reset, connected the router to my computer via LAN cable, set my IP to static 192.168.0.2, mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.0.1 and I was able to reach my router. It's displaying D-Link Router Recovery Mode. I tried flashing factory-to-ddwrt.bin from here but it says Upgrade Failed. I tried downloading latest firmware from https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/products/dir-810l-wireless-ac750-dual-band-router?revision=deu_revc#downloads but it also rejects it with the same error message.

I'm kinda stuck and appreciate all the help.

UPDATE: I was able to flash factory firmware and access my router again. So naturally I've tried to flash factory-to-ddwrt.bin again, which resulted in the same thing, can't access the router. Now I at least have a way back to default, it's good to know I didn't brick it.. Now, can anybody point me to a guide to flash ddwrt to this router? Just flashing it doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by piyuv on Wed Nov 28, 2018 16:32; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
piyuv wrote:
My aim was to use my router as repeater/bride.

I would like to have one of those.
Supported devices page (below in red) says minimum usable version
Code:
dir810l-c1
build r25815

That might be worth a try first. Apparently some factory-dd-wrt builds do not work. For my wndr3700v4 for example. Firmware downloads found below in white.

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad (1.1M blocked) + Blocklist Collection

piyuv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
bushant wrote:
piyuv wrote:
My aim was to use my router as repeater/bride.

I would like to have one of those.
Supported devices page (below in red) says minimum usable version
Code:
dir810l-c1
build r25815

That might be worth a try first. Apparently some factory-dd-wrt builds do not work. For my wndr3700v4 for example. Firmware downloads found below in white.

Hahaha Laughing sorry about that, fixed the typo.

Ok so hours of work and I got it to boot using v34411. Seems like the latest beta does not work on this model. I've tried updating to the latest using webflash but update also failed (luckily didn't brick the device). So I've stayed on this version.

I've followed the wiki for Wireless Bridge and Repeater Bridge but none worked for me. On some forums people wrote that setting 2.4GHz interface to Client and using 5GHz interface as AP worked for them. Well, it also works for me, but only usinge the cable. I can't connect to my 5GHz interface, it keeps saying Wrong Password on Mac and Can't connect on Windows. But connecting via LAN cable I can access internet and my main router. I can also connect if I disable security on 5GHz interface but obviously I don't want that.

Any tips?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: