Need Networking Help [DIR-868L]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
alexbach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 14:17    Post subject: Need Networking Help [DIR-868L] Reply with quote
Hey, I was flashing the firmware and suddenly, the power went out and my router was potentially fried.

However, The emergency recovery kicked in but as I went through the recovery process, with setting a static IP, going into recovery mode in the router itself (etc.),

Also, the Ethernet port(s) begin to cycle through "identifying network" "unidentified network" and "network cable unplugged" in which I could access the router's emergency firmware flash during unidentified network but as so as an upload began, it would begin cycling through again, causing the web-page to disconnect showing the "err_network_changed" error.

Anyone have any idea on how to keep this from happening? I am a relative beginner at networking so any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I've been playing with the Ip settings, getting a different NIC, and have tried it on windows 10, and 7. However, I've been facing the same error.
Sponsor
alexbach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok. I will check this if you're suggesting it.
NovakJokovic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 18:17    Post subject: err_network_changed Reply with quote
Hi, alexbach I would suggest you Change adapter settings and set the Preferred DNS server to: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4
I hope this method will resolve your issue.
alexbach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 14:57    Post subject: Re: err_network_changed Reply with quote
jxm wrote:
NovakJokovic wrote:
Hi, alexbach I would suggest you Change adapter settings and set the Preferred DNS server to: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4
I hope this method will resolve your issue.

Ignore this crap, this person is talking a load of rubbish. The OP has bricked his router so how is changing his DNS settings going to help. And how is he to log on to be able to change his settings? He needs help to use the router's recovery options to TFTP new firmware to his route, so the instructions on the router manufacturer's website will be more instructive than your inane drivel.

Thanks. I'll checkout the website.
alexbach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Couldn't fix it through the links that you guys sent.
NovakJokovic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, jxm for correcting me actually, I am a beginner I thought that Changing adapter settings will help him.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
The most important thing to remember when flashing is that you are connected via wired ethernet to the router with your computer having a static IP. It's not recommended to do anything over the wireless interfaces for OEM or custom firmware to my knowledge...
alexbach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you please explain the last sentence? I don't know much about OEM...
NovakJokovic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
As JXM quoted, you should check -

Have you checked this page in the wiki, it has detailed recovery instructions...
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-868L

Or this emergency recovery how-to on the D-link forums site
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=bsv59auamg75cv8ghfso2ets44&topic=44909.msg163599#msg163599

There is a warning there that recovery will not work with some browsers.

If it still doens't fix the problem, maybe fix Err_Network_Changed in Google Chrome.
alexbach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
NovakJokovic wrote:
As JXM quoted, you should check -

Have you checked this page in the wiki, it has detailed recovery instructions...
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-868L

Or this emergency recovery how-to on the D-link forums site
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=bsv59auamg75cv8ghfso2ets44&topic=44909.msg163599#msg163599

There is a warning there that recovery will not work with some browsers.

If it still doens't fix the problem, maybe fix Err_Network_Changed in Google Chrome.

Thank you so much. I will check it out for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: