r7000p regnoized as r6400 v1? and wl1/5g rate/ch is unknown?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
egc
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 6243
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, opening a ticket is good idea, would you be so kind to do that?
Actually someone should send a note to BS.
If all else fails I will contact Kong.

_________________
Routers:Netgear R7800, R6400v1, R6400v2, Linksys EA8500, EA6900 (XvortexCFE), E2000 (converted WRT320N), WRT54GS v1.
OpenVPN Policy Based Routing guide: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321686
Install guide R6400v2:http://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=316399
OpenVPN Server Setup:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=318795
Install guide R7800: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320614
Wireguard Server setup guide:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1183135
Wireguard Client setup guide:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324624
Wireguard Advanced setup guide:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324787
Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 7213
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
Yes, opening a ticket is good idea, would you be so kind to do that?
Actually someone should send a note to BS.
If all else fails I will contact Kong.


Ticket created:

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6480

I'll keep an eye on commits, but probably would be a good idea to ping BS / Kong.
bdub76
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
The beginning of septembre there was a change in identification codes (board_id) of the Netgear routers. Netgear released a R6400v2 but identical R6400v2 had different board_id's ( nvram show | grep board).
Netgear really made a mess of that.

To solve this the DDWRT identification algorithm was
changed : https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6389

It is possible then that either a bug has been introduced or that board_id's of recent R7000P have been changed by Netgear.

I do not have one so I can check, but you can always send one to me for further investigation (just kidding)

If there are any experts I think the code can be found at source/router/rc/mtd.c and source/router/libutils/libutils/detect.c

R7000P board_id should be: U12H270T20_NETGEAR

Edit: just took a peek at the source code, cannot find anything wrong with it (but I have very limited coding skills)
It checks the boardnum ==32, boardtype ==0x0646 and boardrev == 0x1601, then checks the board_id and if that is U12H270T20 then it should be recognised as a R7000P.
If it is not recognised then it defaults to R6400v1!

So I am interested in [code]nvram show | grep from R7000P users


root@DD-WRT:~# nvram show | grep board
boardrev=0x1601
1:boardflags=0x10001000
size: 47907 bytes (83165 left)
pci/2/1/boardflags=0x30000000
boardtype=0x0646
pci/1/1/boardflags=0x80003200
pci/1/1/boardvendor=0x14e4
boardflags2=0x0
board_id=U12H270T20_NETGEAR
pci/1/1/boardflags2=0x4100000
0:boardvendor=0x14e4
0:boardrev=0x1421
1:boardvendor=0x14e4
0:boardflags=0x1000
boardflags=0x110
pci/2/1/boardvendor=0x14e4
0:boardflags2=0x2
0:boardflags3=0x4000000
1:boardflags2=0x4
1:boardflags3=0x0
1:boardflags4=0x10e
pci/2/1/boardflags2=0x300002
pci/2/1/boardflags3=0x0
boardnum=32
bdub76
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:


To solve this the DDWRT identification algorithm was
changed : https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6389


Also here is my et2phyaddr:

root@DD-WRT:~# nvram show | grep et2phyaddr
size: 47907 bytes (83165 left)
et2phyaddr=30


The problem with the fix is that my board_id isn't being checked for.

if (boardnum == 32 && nvram_match("boardtype", "0x0646") && nvram_match("boardrev", "0x1601")) {
if (nvram_match("board_id", "U12H332T20_NETGEAR") || nvram_match("board_id", "U12H332T30_NETGEAR")) {
setRouter("Netgear R6400 v2");
return ROUTER_NETGEAR_R6400V2;
} else {
if (nvram_match("et2phyaddr", "30")) {
setRouter("Netgear R7000P");
return ROUTER_NETGEAR_R7000P;
} else {
setRouter("Netgear R6400 v1");
return ROUTER_NETGEAR_R6400;
}
}
}


Last edited by bdub76 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 14:39; edited 2 times in total
egc
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 6243
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
That looks OK, we (@Kernel-Panic and I) have identified a possible source of the misidentificationas as a bug in the source code.

We have send a proposal to solve this bug to the developers (I have personally contacted Kong).

But they are really busy and it might take a while and some repeated but polite asking Smile

In the mean time you might try a build a build prior to 36816. That is where things went wrong (at least IMHO)

I have not reviewed the source code for the consequencies of the misidentification, partition layout is connected to the router model and it could be that your boarddata partion is compromised, lets hope not. If you did not erase nvram i think it is wise not to do so but am not sure about that

_________________
Routers:Netgear R7800, R6400v1, R6400v2, Linksys EA8500, EA6900 (XvortexCFE), E2000 (converted WRT320N), WRT54GS v1.
OpenVPN Policy Based Routing guide: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321686
Install guide R6400v2:http://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=316399
OpenVPN Server Setup:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=318795
Install guide R7800: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320614
Wireguard Server setup guide:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1183135
Wireguard Client setup guide:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324624
Wireguard Advanced setup guide:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324787
Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
bdub76
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
That looks OK, we (@Kernel-Panic and I) have identified a possible source of the misidentificationas as a bug in the source code.

We have send a proposal to solve this bug to the developers (I have personally contacted Kong).

But they are really busy and it might take a while and some repeated but polite asking Smile

In the mean time you might try a build a build prior to 36816. That is where things went wrong (at least IMHO)

I have not reviewed the source code for the consequencies of the misidentification, partition layout is connected to the router model and it could be that your boarddata partion is compromised, lets hope not. If you did not erase nvram i think it is wise not to do so but am not sure about that


Thanks.

Where can I find the older builds? I only see the 9/18 and 11/18 builds in Kong’s directories. I guess I can use bs builds. Can you point me to the older builds?

And what’s the best procedure to flash it?
Muzeneer
DD-WRT User


Joined: 06 Jan 2018
Posts: 61

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
bdub76 wrote:

Where can I find the older builds? I only see the 9/18 and 11/18 builds in Kong’s directories. I guess I can use bs builds. Can you point me to the older builds?


http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/
bdub76
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Muzeneer wrote:
bdub76 wrote:

Where can I find the older builds? I only see the 9/18 and 11/18 builds in Kong’s directories. I guess I can use bs builds. Can you point me to the older builds?


http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/


Thanks.

I'll flash back to the 36000 build tonight.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 7213
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did also notice that the et2phyaddr was removed from the detection algorithm, but I think it may be of no consequence as it may be a shared variable amongst all the routers included in that part of the code.

"Busy"... "Polite".... that makes me chuckle, but yeah.
egc
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 6243
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got word from Kong he will commit the change
So big thanks to Kong and all the participants in this thread

_________________
Routers:Netgear R7800, R6400v1, R6400v2, Linksys EA8500, EA6900 (XvortexCFE), E2000 (converted WRT320N), WRT54GS v1.
OpenVPN Policy Based Routing guide: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321686
Install guide R6400v2:http://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=316399
OpenVPN Server Setup:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=318795
Install guide R7800: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320614
Wireguard Server setup guide:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1183135
Wireguard Client setup guide:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324624
Wireguard Advanced setup guide:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324787
Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 7213
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
Just got word from Kong he will commit the change
So big thanks to Kong and all the participants in this thread


Yep, it was entered close to the time of your post:

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/37713

Will add to ticket and wait for next build to officially close as fixed.
bdub76
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
egc wrote:
Just got word from Kong he will commit the change
So big thanks to Kong and all the participants in this thread


Yep, it was entered close to the time of your post:

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/37713

Will add to ticket and wait for next build to officially close as fixed.


Thanks for the quick turnaround. Once Kong updates his test builds to include this fix, I’ll flash to latest to confirm the fix worked. In the meantime, I’ll flash back to the 5/18 build.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 4339
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fixed build is uploading, use the R7000P.bin to update and do not use ddup unless you change DD_BOARD otherwise ddup would pull in the 6400v1 build again.
_________________
KONG PB's: http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/
KONG Info: http://tips.desipro.de/
jasonkruys
DD-WRT User


Joined: 13 Dec 2013
Posts: 90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
@<Kong> any need for standard R7000 to update? Or is the new build only needed for R7000?
bdub76
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Fixed build is uploading, use the R7000P.bin to update and do not use ddup unless you change DD_BOARD otherwise ddup would pull in the 6400v1 build again.


Thanks.

I flashed this new version, and the router model is now correct.

However, I'm still having trouble with 5ghz (wl1). If I disable wl0, the 2.4ghz, I receive a message saying my password is incorrect even though I have it set to the same one as my 2.4ghz with the same ssid. So I created a new ssid and gave it a new simple password, but I still cannot connect.

I'm showing 0% errors: 0 OK, 69 errors

Any ideas? This is the first time I've had any problems since flashing this back in November 2017 with the router running as dumb AP with automatic updates.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum