New (KONG) Stable Build - 10/28/2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
mabllo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:
mabllo wrote:
jerrytouille wrote:
Hope you used the factory to ddwrt build. Did you power cycle (turn off on) the router after it reboots? If that still didn’t work power off hold reset button while turning on (~15 seconds) until slow flashing light then tftp the Kong factory to ddwrt img file

Yes i used factory to ddwrt. And tried both the UI and tftp methods. I did powercycle at some point when i see nothing is happening. Didn't want to do it immediately after the flash as i don't want to do it a wrong time or such.

I have successfully and easily gotten OpenWRT and a Voxel cfw running on the same machine. DD WRT seems to be a pain tho.

that's because partition layout is different between stock lede/openwrt ddwrt. and it's not that openwrt is easy, it's because once you flashed openwrt it screw up the layout for others -> harder to switch. i'm a fan of them all just the pros and cons you have to live with

read this and try the final solution https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=314445

I meant that it was easy to install. As in get the img upload and it starts working. I tried openwrt after a number of unsuccessful tries with dd wrt. Even right out of the box i just went and got the factory to ddwrt and installed. It just resulted in a boot loop that freaked me out at first, but then found out i can tftp back to factory.

Now as for the last method. I reseted the device to factory settings. Got telnet up via debug and ran the commands but i get errors on 2 of them.

Quote:
root@R7800:/#
root@R7800:/# mtd erase kernel
Unlocking kernel ...
Erasing kernel ...
root@R7800:/# mtd erase rootfs
Unlocking rootfs ...
Erasing rootfs ...
Failed to erase block on rootfs at 0x880000
Failed to erase block on rootfs at 0x1ac0000
root@R7800:/# mtd erase netgear
Unlocking netgear ...
Erasing netgear ...
root@R7800:/# mtd erase firmware
Unlocking firmware ...
Erasing firmware ...
Failed to erase block on firmware at 0xaa0000
Failed to erase block on firmware at 0x1ce0000
Sponsor
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
mabllo wrote:
Now as for the last method. I reseted the device to factory settings. Got telnet up via debug and ran the commands but i get errors on 2 of them.

just continue with the steps reboot then tftp
anis_ber
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
is Kong build compatible with VLAN
I'm scratching my head trying to see if I can do it. not sure what script are needed for my Netgear R7500v2, and how to install them
I appreciate if someone could help
mabllo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:
mabllo wrote:

just continue with the steps reboot then tftp

Tried that but no ho still. The router is just boot looping. Lal led starts blinking, stops; all lan and esata leds light up, power led goes off, lan and esata go off, power led back on and the cycle repeats. Exactly the same symptoms of the first day i tried loading dd wrt.

Quote:

Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 192.168.1.2: Destination host unreachable.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Thats what ping looks like during the process. There's a few of the bootloops in there.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: