dd-wrt for nanastation2

headstrong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 19:19    Post subject: dd-wrt for nanastation2 Reply with quote
Hi

Do I need to pay for dd-wrt if I want to use it on a NS2?
thanks
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes. but i give out one single key for evaluation or private use if you write to my email. please include the system key which is displayed after installation

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks brainslayer

I think i bricked my router reverting from the latest ubnt firmware to the original.when thats sorted out i'll send u an email
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
you cannot brick it. but consider. if 2.xx was installed before you have to revert to the 2.xx too.
the same applies so 3.xx ubnt firmwares. the 3.xx firmware brings a new bootloader which is incompatible to older versions and vice versa. so always revert to the same ubnt firmware as installed before. beside this there is no way to brick it. the bootloader always allows tftp recovery. dd-wrt itself is compatible to all bootloaders i know. (except some very old ones)

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well when I reflashed to the original firmware from 3.o to v.2.2.1 I could ping the router but not access the device via the web browser...So i tried the recovery procedure http://www.ubnt.com/downloads/LS-Recovery.txt
but after that I could not even ping the device..

I cnt ping the device so I cnt upload a new firmware via tftp so what else can I try?

Thanks for your help
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
dont reflash from 3.0 to 2.2.1
take care what was installed before and only reflash to this version, then it will work.
ubnt builded incompatiblities for recovery in these both versions

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh well too late now....maybee I can get my distributor to swop it since I only bought it 2 days ago..

thanks again
Wireless_King
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:10    Post subject: request evaluatin key Reply with quote
Sir...today i've send an email to shop@dd-wrt.com for request a evaluation key...and i hope you can send to me the key for trial....please
Thank..

Best Regard,

Roxy Selindo
Wireless_King
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello Admin..please answer my question....i have no receive the evaluation key from you...where are you??
pls give me support... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: