Asus RT-AC68U Bricked? trying to revert back to Stock FW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Morganator101
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 13:17    Post subject: Asus RT-AC68U Bricked? trying to revert back to Stock FW Reply with quote
Hello all hope you can help. I Think my Asus router is now bricked as any attempt to flash stock Firmware back to it fails. Here is whats happened.

My Asus router was on stock FW version: 3.0.0.4.385_20490 prior to flashing DD-WRT V3.0 (BETA) Build 40559.

I flashed the DD-WRT firmware using the provided instructions that came with the firmware. It flashed ok but after alot of powering the router on and off and refreshing the screen the DD-WRT user interface finally loaded. After using it and setting up the wifi options,security options etc. ive found that the options are too much for me as im not using many of the settings. also the wifi names i create show and connect but no internet access is available. So i decided just to go back to stock FW after exploring this as an alternative FW.

However no matter what i do to flash back to Stock FW the file loads to either 40% or 81% and fails saying lost connection to server.

Whats interesting is that after putting the router into (rescue mode) and you start to flash the power light either goes off completely and then back off after the transfer fails or it goes to a solid blue power light during flashing. It seems like the dd-wrt fw is stopping the router from being flashed back to stock.

I tried Clearing the NVRAM - both button method and in putty telnet, no joy

using Asus restoration utility latest version with latest and previous stock FW - no joy.

Any help on this issue would be grateful!

Many Thanks
Sponsor
thommy181
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Back to stock firmware is rather difficult operation. It's no to do with simple steps in gui. When you migrate to dd-wrt it may be you use unstable firmware version. You can try this method. https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=279010
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
40559 is a crap build. If you still have DD-WRT on it, consider upgrading to the most recent build:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324919

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: