New (KONG) Test Build - 10/25/2018 (UPDATE 7)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 1281

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 22:34    Post subject: New (KONG) Test Build - 10/25/2018 (UPDATE 7) Reply with quote
New (KONG) Test Build - 10/25/2018 (UPDATE 7)

k3.18: http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/Test-3.18/
k4.9: http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/Test/

Please report errors on this topic.


Release Notes:
<Kong> wrote:
Building them right now as I want to see how 3.18 performs on my new line. 4.9 is sometimes good and sometimes bad, I also just changed modem firmware which saves reduced ping by 6ms.
Line is great


http://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline (with a grain of salt, kong doesnt always add all commits)


Router Model:

Status:
Reset:
Errors:


Last edited by jerrytouille on Thu Oct 25, 2018 0:40; edited 8 times in total
Sponsor
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 1281

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router ModelNetgear R7500v2
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r37400M kongat (10/15/18 )
Kernel VersionLinux 4.9.133 #211 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 15 22:30:40 CEST 2018 armv7l

Looks like a great build but QoS still terrible and behind 3.18. I'm so disappointed Sad

Kong would you be so kind to also release the 3.18 builds
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7098
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
k3.18 isnt updated
_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S) || Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi Settings Guide || Qualcomm Atheros Repeating

[X86-64] Haswell i3-4150 ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
[QUALCOMM] R7800 -----------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r40270M kongat
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------> DD-WRT v3.0-r40634 std

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 31 Jan 2015
Posts: 4768
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Linksys EA8500
DD-WRT v3.0-r37400M kongat 10/15/18
Linux 4.9.133 #212 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 15 22:45:56 CEST 2018 armv7l
No reset -- webif install over BS_r37375 std 10/14/18

switch / VLAN / samba share / ovpn server
all working good
bripab007
DD-WRT User


Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:
Router ModelNetgear R7500v2
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r37400M kongat (10/15/18 )
Kernel VersionLinux 4.9.133 #211 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 15 22:30:40 CEST 2018 armv7l

Looks like a great build but QoS still terrible and behind 3.18. I'm so disappointed Sad

Kong would you be so kind to also release the 3.18 builds


I'm really late to the party but just installed DD-WRT Kong on my R7500v2 a couple weeks ago. After researching DD-WRT QOS a bit and implementing a fairly simplistic QOS config on my router, I'm quite pleased with it so far. Bufferbloat is an "A," websites load snappily, and everyone in the house is happy.

But I've read some grumblings about the newer 4.x kernel builds. What's so bad about them with regards to QOS?

Thanks!

_________________
Netgear R7500v2, DD-WRT v3.0-r37845M kongat
Netgear R7000, DD-WRT v3.0-r37715M kongac
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7098
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
bripab007 wrote:
jerrytouille wrote:
Router ModelNetgear R7500v2
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r37400M kongat (10/15/18 )
Kernel VersionLinux 4.9.133 #211 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 15 22:30:40 CEST 2018 armv7l

Looks like a great build but QoS still terrible and behind 3.18. I'm so disappointed Sad

Kong would you be so kind to also release the 3.18 builds


I'm really late to the party but just installed DD-WRT Kong on my R7500v2 a couple weeks ago. After researching DD-WRT QOS a bit and implementing a fairly simplistic QOS config on my router, I'm quite pleased with it so far. Bufferbloat is an "A," websites load snappily, and everyone in the house is happy.

But I've read some grumblings about the newer 4.x kernel builds. What's so bad about them with regards to QOS?

Thanks!


https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1142983#1142983

look at the download latency different on k4.9 vs k3.18, and the throughput difference with k4.9 hfsc. its not normal, and im not the only one with the issue either. my isp bufferbloat is better than that, and it only seems to be on ipq806x on k4.x, other arch like broadcom northstar is fine on k4.x.

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S) || Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi Settings Guide || Qualcomm Atheros Repeating

[X86-64] Haswell i3-4150 ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
[QUALCOMM] R7800 -----------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r40270M kongat
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------> DD-WRT v3.0-r40634 std

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
bushant
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 18 Nov 2015
Posts: 1174
Location: Indiana

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
R7500v2
DD-WRT v3.0-r37400M kongat 10/15/18
Linux 4.9.133 #211 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 15 22:30:40 CEST 2018
Previous 37120 K4.9
ddup
No Reset
Mostly Working
Update via Webgui failed, Upgrade stuck at 1%
ddup failed until I disabled PIA OVPN
Vaps had quit working on 37120 prior to flash until reboot
SAVE>APPLY SETTINGS on Services-NAS not working

Proftp Samba VAPS both radios WDS-AP WLAN Repeater-AP
OVPN-PIA MiniDLNA Server 1TB HDD 8GB flash drive running /jffs-/OPT w/YAMon3 NANO other

_________________
SUPPORTED DEVICES -- DON'T USE ROUTER DATABASE!
--IMPORTANT UPGRADE INFORMATION--Stubby DoT
Qualcomm-Atheros:
R7800 x2 kongat & BS WDS AP & Sta- R7500V2 BS std WDS STA- WNDR3700v4 BS std WDS STA- Nanostation M2 AirOS- LocoM2 AirOS
Broadcom:
R6200v2 kongac WLAN Repeater Archer C9 v1 OEM WAP

DDWRT Policy Based Routing guide by egc
bripab007
DD-WRT User


Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
look at the download latency different on k4.9 vs k3.18, and the throughput difference with k4.9 hfsc. its not normal, and im not the only one with the issue either. my isp bufferbloat is better than that, and it only seems to be on ipq806x on k4.x, other arch like broadcom northstar is fine on k4.x.


Thank you for that. So are most folks in agreement or coming to the realization that something ain't right in the land of QOS on 4.x?

When did Kong start switching to 4.x builds? Is his last stable build from February of this year still on the 3.x kernel?

_________________
Netgear R7500v2, DD-WRT v3.0-r37845M kongat
Netgear R7000, DD-WRT v3.0-r37715M kongac
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 1281

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
k3.18 isnt updated


Updated to 3.18.124 here https://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/37398

Unless you meant the builds in Test-3.18 folder then yeah no 3.18 for 37400 yet
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 31 Jan 2015
Posts: 4768
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think Kong had any public K4x release until couple months back. I know r36995M kongat 09/20/18 is K4.9

Main BS dd-wrt for these routers went to K4.x about first of this year.
bripab007
DD-WRT User


Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, evidently I’m still on the 3.18 Kong builds so I guess I’ll sit tight for the moment. Unless there are some good reasons for moving to 4.x kernel (e.g. stable beamforming).
_________________
Netgear R7500v2, DD-WRT v3.0-r37845M kongat
Netgear R7000, DD-WRT v3.0-r37715M kongac
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7098
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
beamforming is radio driver/firmware, and client device dependent, not kernel. i have no issues with beamforming. the difference is noticeable with iphone xs max.
_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S) || Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi Settings Guide || Qualcomm Atheros Repeating

[X86-64] Haswell i3-4150 ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
[QUALCOMM] R7800 -----------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r40270M kongat
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------> DD-WRT v3.0-r40634 std

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 31 Jan 2015
Posts: 4768
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
install on main router -- EA8500
NO reset -- webif install over BS build
samba share
unbound
ovpn server
QOS HFSC FQ_CODEL
VLAN on port 4 + ath0.1 + ath1.1 via br1
29 static leases...four which are leases on the br1 network
All appears to be worky ok
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7098
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
k3.18 isnt updated


Updated to 3.18.124 here https://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/37398

Unless you meant the builds in Test-3.18 folder then yeah no 3.18 for 37400 yet


the builds i mean

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S) || Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi Settings Guide || Qualcomm Atheros Repeating

[X86-64] Haswell i3-4150 ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
[QUALCOMM] R7800 -----------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r40270M kongat
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41328 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------> DD-WRT v3.0-r40634 std

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
ArjenR49
DD-WRT User


Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Posts: 180
Location: Helsinki, Finland

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router R7800, AP, static addresses, wireless 2,4 & 5 GHz with guest VLAN, USB drives, NAS
QoS HTB, FQ_CODEL, 8000 down, 1000 up (without QoS more than 20000 down, 1500 up depending on situation; on a small business LAN, so double NAT)

These are the best results so far & the first run on this latest Kong fw 37400M. On previous version 37120M bufferbloat was B at best.

<a href="http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/40419222"><img src="http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/40419222.png"></a>
(How to switch on HTML option??)

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/40419222
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 15
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum