WRT3200ACM DD-WRT Flash back to stock firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
moveweight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 13:58    Post subject: WRT3200ACM DD-WRT Flash back to stock firmware Reply with quote
A friend of mine flashed my
Linksys WRT3200ACM to
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33525 std (10/17/17

How do revert it back to the original oem firmware? I need this fixed asap I dont know much about ddwrt but it make my speedtest go way down I went from 200mbps on speed test to less than 100 since he put the dd-wrt on it and now he said he doesnt know how to puit the oem firmware back on it.
I read a bunch and did research i just dont want to take a chance of bricking the router which is why i made this post because I know the pros are on here!!

Last edited by moveweight on Mon Oct 15, 2018 14:02; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
moveweight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
pretty sure this is the stock firmware i need, i just need step by step for this exact model because i paid alot of money and dont want t brick it. I have seen on youtube videos thata some routers have a revert back to oem flash file on dd-wrt website but i dont see it for mien. Thank you so much!!

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=207552

info
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Linksys_WRT3200ACM
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, it well known for most here that dd-wrt will bring your wireless to a crawl on the WRT3200 if you have a fast connection. You only need the Linksys stock firmware. Flash the stock firmware from the dd-wrt firmware upgrade tab and that should do it. The main dd-wrt developer (also known as BrainSlayer) added that feature almost two years ago which is very good. Once you flash it wait a few minutes and flash it again from the Linksys user interface to remove dd-wrt in the event dd-wrt is installed on both partitions
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
He is on a 1 year old build. I don’t think that had the ability to flash back to stock.
You should load a newer build on it.
Read the posts on this forum as to which is a good release.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
... and there was a build or two that was supposed to have had the ability to revert back to stock but then it failed. So in a nutshell it functioned, nosedived and then was restored in one of succeeding builds. I got out on/or about build r36154 so even that one should work because I re-flashed my 3200(s) and sold them with the stock firmware
cyclops69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Get yourself a USB To RS232 TTL UART PL2303HX Converter from your favorite online auction site as a backup as there are many guides on how to unbrick or roll back with one. Just remember not to connect the red wire!

I've rolled back many times using the serial commands and now running the stock WRT3200ACM on my WRT32X Wink

Regards,
James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: