Need help with finding a DDWRT modem/router (specs inside)

time-bandit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:41    Post subject: Need help with finding a DDWRT modem/router (specs inside) Reply with quote
Hi all,

After trying to get a DM200 running on OpenWRT and now fully bricked im on the hunt for a new modem that won't cause me any problems like the DM200 (there was no switch menu so I could put the vlan tagging details in).

So what im after is...

VDSL/VDSL2 + Fiber modem (so when I move to a new house I will already have what I need to transfer from vdsl connection to fiber(UFB)

Protocol PPPoE
VLAN ID
(802.1q encapsulation) 10
VLAN Priority
(802.1p Priority) 0
Ethertype
(TPID or 802.1q Ethertype) 0x8100
MTU 1492

I need something as cheap as possible since I have already lost $100 on the now dead DM200 plus I am paying in NZD so for me everything is another 50% ontop due to USD:NZD currency conversation.

Cheers,

Bandit.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dd-wrt doesn’t support modems nor modem/router combos.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:52    Post subject: Been looking around but still not sure.. Reply with quote
Yes thats what I have seen across almost all models when I found something with the specs I needed only coming up with routers.

Heres what I have come across are these both the same models as the ones showing in the support database? might seem like a silly question but alot of these have really similar numbers.

Both web links state both these models do adsl/vdsl/fiber if I was to flash to DD-WRT for either of these models will the specs I need be retained when I flash across?
(These links are from a local seller in my city)

My concern is if they don't and I can't flash back I have lost another router.

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MODAS0560/ASUS-DSL-AC56U-ADSLVDSL-Modem-Router-w-Dual-Band-W

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MODAS0680/ASUS-DSL-AC68U-ADSLVDSL-Gigabit-Modem-Router-Dual

Here is a link to the other models they have in stock some of which can not be flashed to DD-WRT https://www.pbtech.co.nz/category/networking/modems?fs=6843019

My question with these non DD-WRT models is Asus WRT actually any good? can I install the same packages for transmission/ad block or would I still have to flash over to DD-WRT (I am looking at the pricing difference and considering ordering from Amazon since I would say some money).

If someone would be kind enough to look over these I would super appreciate it and just make sure it has the specs mentioned in the earlier post pre DD-WRT flash and after since my knowledge is super sub par.

Thanks again.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Dd-wrt doesn’t support modems nor modem/router combos.

Navigation

Jump to: