Broadcom access point on Ubuntu

amalyshev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 20:19    Post subject: Broadcom access point on Ubuntu Reply with quote
I need help. I am not very familiar with WiFi networking. I have a Ubuntu server and I assumed that I could just install a high performance PCI card and turn it into an access point. So I purchased Asus PCI AC 88. Unfortunately I did not realize that this card does not have Linux drivers and is not supported by Ubuntu out of the box. I tried multiple solutions, trying extracting drivers from a similar Asus router, i.e. AC88U, but I was only able to make it work in 2.4GHz 54Mb mode. I think the problem may bee deeper in Ubuntu 18.04 Kernel (currently 4.15.0-42-generic) that does not support some required functionality.

But I noticed that DD-WRT works on AC88U. From what I can see Asus, supplies firmware running on 2.6.36.4brcmarm kernel, but dd-wrt uses 4.4.140 kernel. I wanted to ask where do the drivers come from? Maybe based on dd-wrt code, I could integrate support for AC88 in Ubuntu?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: