Speed is horribly slow using Virtual Interface guest network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
shockgeeker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 18:07    Post subject: Speed is horribly slow using Virtual Interface guest network Reply with quote
Linksys WRT1900AC

Hey all. Im going to make this simple

Basically I created a Vlan Virtual interface for my ring doorbells and a few other devices

Works and connects

But here is the problem, I have 150 Mbps speed which I do obtain on my regular networks but if I switch to the virtual vlan network the speed is only 1.19 Mbps

I followed Kong Guest wifi guide

I tired this multiples times on other builds and I get the same result

My 2nd problem is that on the virtual guest network I can connect to the router admin section which is DDwrt interface and I thought the whole point was for the guest network not able to connect there or other clients

UPDATE:

I changed the channel to WT HT 40 and was getting speeds around 40. Turn on net isolation and the speeds now dropped to around 17

Actually toggling the channel width actually helps the internet speed. Like rechoosing different channels and apply then going back to HT WT 40and apply get my speeds up to 30-40
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: