TP-Link Archer C7 V4 No internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Sheldon Plankton
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 21:54    Post subject: TP-Link Archer C7 V4 No internet Reply with quote
Hello folks. I hate wall of text posts, but I'm going to provide all the info I believe to be relevant.

I'm trying to use an AT&T hotspot to provide "broadband" access to our home network (rural area, no cable or decent DSL). I've actually had this setup running for a few years using a WRT-54GL v1.1 running v24-sp2 in Client Bridge mode and another identical unit providing WiFi access and handing out DHCP leases, so I'm not a total noob. The setup works great and is rock solid. The only problem with the arrangement is that I can't get it to pass Bonjour packets (any information on this problem would also be welcome) and rather than mess around with this aged hardware any further, I decided to switch to a couple of Archer C7 V4 units. Since I already have a working configuration, it should be easy to transition, amirite? HA!!

I've spent days beating my head against the wall with this. Using the information here, I can have a little network consisting of [hotspot]<--->[Client]<--->[laptop] up and running in about 5 minutes. I can telnet into the Client and ping the other devices, I can use the laptop (set to auto config) to ping the hotspot, and logging into the hotspot shows the Client as a connected device. So far so good. But no matter what I do, I canNOT ping Google or get webpages to load.

I've tried r33772 and r35927 and plugged every combination of ip addresses on my little network into the Gateway and Local DNS fields (including 0.0.0.0), disabled Security Mode, etc. with no success. Anybody have any ideas? As much as I enjoy DD-WRT and the community (I lurk here quite a bit) I probably would have tried Gargoyle out of frustration but for the fact they don't appear to support V4.

Thanks, if you made it this far.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: