WRT54GL WAN DHCP lease time reaching 0 (Test images on pg 5)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
ThaCrip
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well it looks like whatever BrainSlayer did, worked Wink ; so I got to say thanks to him and kernel-panic69 (I got to say your[kernel-panic69] one of the most friendly/respectful/generous mods I have seen on random forums over the years).

because on my WRT54GS v1.1 router the 'remaining lease time' (on Status > WAN page) reset back to the full amount (give or take a little) at the half way point (give or take some minutes) of the lease basically when previously on the r41686 build the timer would count all the way down to all zero's (although internet still appeared to work and 'may' still continue to work on r41686. but I never tested it long enough to say for sure since I always ended my tests within a couple of days or so past the end of the lease. so about 7-9 days or so.).

so basically those looking for a build for these older Wireless G routers like the Linksys WRT54* series routers can probably start off with r43192 (from May 19th 2020)... https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/05-19-2020-r43192/ NOTE: I am using the r43190 (from May 18th 2020) test build and I would assume r43192 is safe, which is more of a proper public release, and should be pretty much the same as r43190. so use r43192. at the oldest... it seems r41686 is probably a good starting point but if you want the 'remaining lease time' fix (which might be purely a cosmetic fix since I never fully tested r41686 to see if the internet would eventually drop) you basically need to start off at r43192 (technically r43190).

but with all of that said... ill keep a eye on this over the next month or so to see if it continues to work like expected with the 'remaining lease time' being reset around the half way point of the initial lease time. if anything changes, or especially if any issues turn up, ill make another post here.

p.s. it would be nice if someone else with a router similar to what's in the topic could make a post to further confirm my experience.

Primary Router: Linksys WRT54GS v1.1 /w dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic (r46640 May 13th 2021) ; new Panasonic capacitors Feb 11th 2020 | Backup Router: Linksys WRT54GS v6 /w dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic (r46640 May 13th 2021)
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have my good days Wink I think if it worked for you, it should work for all WRT54* series routers, but I will leave this open for anyone else who wishes to report success (for now).
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: