New Kong Test Build 36820 --9/1/2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
pawelx86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:

Have you done
Code:
erase nvram && reboot
from CLI and setup manually?

You could try:
Code:
sleep 10
stopservice nas
stopservice wlconf
startservice wlconf
startservice nas
to do from CLI and if it works save as startup

Will try and will keep you updated.

Cheers
Sponsor
pawelx86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
pawelx86 wrote:

Ok, so I moved back to kong's build and this time I can establish 5 Ghz bridge, which seems stable.

On the other hand 2.4 Ghz seems to misbehave now - I created an AP (with ssid broadcast enabled) but the network is not visible on any wireless device. Anyway I will stay with the current build and report on any other

Thanks for your effor egc and kong!
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes VAP and Connection problems are a known problem the stopservice etc. is reported to work but not for everyone.
It is a known problem in BS and Kong builds.
One other thing to try is to set the Key Renewal Interval to 0, on the Wireless security page.

It looks like the problems started with the KRACK patch in the broadcom drivers, but duplicate MAC addresses might also play a role

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
eywong
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 17:11    Post subject: Asus RT-AC68U A1 Reply with quote
Router: Asus RT-AC68U (H/W Ver: A1)
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r36820M kongac (09/01/18)
Previous: DD-WRT v3.0-r36440M kongac (07/30/18)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.153 #595 SMP Sat Sep 1 19:15:55 CEST 2018 armv7l
Previous: Linux 4.4.145 #588 SMP Mon Jul 30 22:02:17 CEST 2018 armv7l
Reset: no (ddup --flash-latest)
Errors: no
Uptime: 3:08

wl0: AP / NG-Mixed / Ch 11
Channel Width: 20 MHz
wl1: AP / AC/N-Mixed / Ch 52 + 54
Channel Width: Wide VHT80 (80 MHz)
Extension Channel: lower lower
DHCP Server: Enabled - Running
Static Leases: 4 hardwired NAS, 1 wireless printer
NTP Client: Enable
Server IP/Name: us.pool.ntp.org
IPv6: Disable
Briefcase
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
pawelx86 wrote:
pawelx86 wrote:

Ok, so I moved back to kong's build and this time I can establish 5 Ghz bridge, which seems stable.

On the other hand 2.4 Ghz seems to misbehave now - I created an AP (with ssid broadcast enabled) but the network is not visible on any wireless device. Anyway I will stay with the current build and report on any other

Thanks for your effor egc and kong!

Can you post a screenshot of 'Setup => Networking'? In particular i am interested in how all MAC addresses are configured. Make sure that your screenshot includes both the 'Bridges' as well as the 'Ports' area.

I had the 'VAP problem' as well, making either the guest network or the real network invisible/not able to join. When i changed all MACS to be different from eachother it started working again. Now, I am not a networking expert so it's probably not needed to have them ALL different [ports + bridges], but at least it fixed it.

What i have is roughly:
- 2 brigdes a unique mac address
- all ports a unique mac address, after saving some might take up identical MAC [for me 'wl0' and 'wl0.1' share the same MAC, as do 'wl1' and 'wl1.1'; which probably makes sense since they are the same physical interface]

Maybe some more skilled people can shine some light on this before you try it, but at least for me it worked.
pawelx86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Briefcase wrote:

Can you post a screenshot of 'Setup => Networking'? In particular i am interested in how all MAC addresses are configured. Make sure that your screenshot includes both the 'Bridges' as well as the 'Ports' area.

I will try to do further debuging on Thursday and will let you know.

Btw, it may sound silly but I cannot find my profile settings on this forum, I would like to enable notification.
nachumk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: DLink DIR-868L (H/W Ver: A1)
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r36820M kongac (09/01/1Cool
Status: Crashes completely after boot up when WDS1 (5 GHz) link enabled
Reset: Factory Defaults from GUI

Factory defaults from GUI
WL1-WDS-> 1st entry set to LAN, MAC address input, and name given
Save

Power off -> Power on

Router comes up is pingable for about 2-3 seconds, and then everything is inaccessible. On some power cycles, the router stays alive and can be accessed via GUI.

This does not happen on WL0-WDS (2.4 GHz).
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
pawelx86 wrote:

Btw, it may sound silly but I cannot find my profile settings on this forum, I would like to enable notification.

Top right side of page under quick links.

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad (1.1M blocked) + Blocklist Collection

nachumk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
nachumk wrote:
Router: DLink DIR-868L (H/W Ver: A1)
Status: Crashes completely after boot up when WDS1 (5 GHz) link enabled
Reset: Factory Defaults from GUI

Factory defaults from GUI
WL1-WDS-> 1st entry set to LAN, MAC address input, and name given
Save

Power off -> Power on

Router comes up is pingable for about 2-3 seconds, and then everything is inaccessible. On some power cycles, the router stays alive and can be accessed via GUI.

This does not happen on WL0-WDS (2.4 GHz).

Last version that doesn't reboot upon enabling WDS1 is 36168. 36247 reboots once WDS1 is enabled.
pawelx86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Briefcase wrote:

Please see the attachment, I tried changing vlan1 (the one which is not visible as AP) but no luck!

I will try changing other MAC's. You mentionned you had 2 bridges in your config, right?

EDIT: image uploaded here:

Last edited by pawelx86 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 19:35; edited 1 time in total
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
@pawelx86:

1) Why would you have vlan2 in br0 unless your device is not in gateway mode?

2) Wireless mode "mixed" is kinda sketchy at best. NG-Mixed, NA-Mixed NA/C-Mixed may help accordingly. Just my thoughts.
@m0eb@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 19:48    Post subject: This build on R6400v2 board xxxx30 ... possible disconnect Reply with quote
pawelx86 wrote:
Router: Netgear R6400 v2
Kernel Version:
Linux 4.4.153 #595 SMP Sat Sep 1 19:15:55 CEST 2018 armv7l
Updated from r36808M (08/30/1Cool

Status: Update successful, device reported as Netgear R6400 v2, both network adapters are available (2.4 and 5 Ghz).
For some reason I cannot connect to another APs in client or repeater mode, which was possible on stock.

Ditto that one.
I am trying to configure my old router as a repeater.

I get two signals - exactly superimposed on android phone's wifi analyzer (which I guess means that they are the same network). I am able to connect to old Linksys E900 running tomato, which is to be the repeater. What I do not get is DHCP. When I am at a range where only the E900 (repeater) signal is available, the devices do not get attached to the WiFi and I get a message "Unable to Allocate IP Address". Having tried all kinds of settings, I feel there is some disconnect here.

There is another disconnect. Check out the Status>>WAN page. Once I click disconnect, dd-wrt config shows internet as still connected even though it is off (and router internet light is off, confirming there is no internet). Found no way to connect back to the internet without doing a reboot. I had to set "Force Reconnect" (on the basic setup page) to 1 min to avoid needing to reboot the router
crudat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:03    Post subject: Need some help Please :-) Reply with quote
I was trying to follow the guidelines for installing the wrt for a netgear r6700v3 and I think I missed a step. I was able to download the factory-to-dd-wrt.chk and install it. I then installed the netgear-r6700v3-webflash.bin. This is where the problem began. The speeds are now great however I can no longer access my switches login page that was located at the 192.168.1.1 address. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:17    Post subject: Re: Need some help Please :-) Reply with quote
crudat wrote:
I was trying to follow the guidelines for installing the wrt for a netgear r6700v3 and I think I missed a step. I was able to download the factory-to-dd-wrt.chk and install it. I then installed the netgear-r6700v3-webflash.bin. This is where the problem began. The speeds are now great however I can no longer access my switches login page that was located at the 192.168.1.1 address. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I'm just going to point you back to egc's install guide.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_R6700v3

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=316399

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: