Which router? I don't need the top performance...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
hookdk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:02    Post subject: Which router? I don't need the top performance... Reply with quote
Hi,

Even though I don't need the top performance router, I still want the best for the bucks...

I mostly only connect to wifi with one or two units, and the max speed I can get from any provider (isp) in my home is "only" 300Mbit (I do get these speeds with cable now)... also my laptop is couple of years old and even needs to be upgraded with an ac network adaptor (which I will)... And in general pc will be "near" router...

So, therefore, I have been looking at these routers:

D-Link DIR-882 my provider recommend and sells some older D-links, so why I looked at this

TP-Link Archer C2300 got some good reviews, but doesn't seem supported by DD-WRT

Netgear R7000 I am maybe mostly of these 3 looking at getting this one

Any suggestions are appriciated
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Get the r7000 if you plan to use dd-wrt.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, ofc I am planing on using dd-wrt, I want to for example use it to schedule wol..

I saw a user doing somehting with the dlink dir-882 and wol, but I also see many recommend the R7800 even though it is a bit on the top end for me... But I might even consider it also the R7800

Thanks
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have 3 ea6400 with load xvortex cfe and custom nvram to prevent get bricked. You can load any fw without worry any thing. also you can turn on mesh wifi. all under 100 plus shipping. if you interesting pm. I have under a year used for learning and educations since my first belkin n900 with horrible running from 3 years ago. now it turn to a router must better than r7000.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Or get an r7000. Trust me. Stay away from any of the ealinksys. Save yourself the headache.
Get the r7000 or if you can find it an r6400 not r6400v2. Just r6400.

Navigation

Jump to: