Enable / Disable WAN Access Using List Of MAC Addresses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
brainflurry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:22    Post subject: Enable / Disable WAN Access Using List Of MAC Addresses Reply with quote
I would like to disable WAN access for specified devices using shell or GUI commands on my Buffalo WHR-300HP2 router running DD-WRT v3.0-r30354 std (08/22/16). I found the code below provided by user eibgrad on a post for Atheros equipment. I have three questions:

1. Are the commands the different at all for Atheros and Ralink routers?

2. The code below disables WAN access. Do I simply replace "REJECT" in the code with "ALLOW" to re-enable WAN ACCESS?

3. Will disabling access using the code below drop existing WAN connections? If not, how could I accomplish this desired behavior?

I am aware of Access Restrictions in the GUI and I use them to an extent but they're limited to ten profiles and I have many varying combinations of devices I'd like the ability to manage access for. Furthermore, I'm hoping to automate some scenarios via shell access from a Windows computer.

eibgrad wrote:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

insmod xt_mac
insmod ipt_mac

WAN_IF="$(ip route | grep -Em1 '^default' | awk '{print $NF}')"
MAC_LIST="
00:11:22:33:44:55
00:11:22:33:44:66
00:11:22:33:44:77
"

for mac in $MAC_LIST; do
    iptables -I FORWARD -m mac --mac-source $mac -o $WAN_IF -m state --state NEW \
        -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
    iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -m mac --mac-source $mac -o $WAN_IF -m state --state NEW \
        -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
done
[/quote]
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Existing connections are not altered when you use "-m state --state NEW"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: