Help picking long lasting stable router

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
sakrei
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 19:58    Post subject: Help picking long lasting stable router Reply with quote
I’m looking for a router that will have solid range (I live in a 2k sqft house with some thick walls separating the downstairs from the upstairs) on the 2.4ghz band (can’t use 5ghz because it messes up older legacy devices), will last a long time and is of course supported by ddwrt. Price doesn’t really matter all that much to me. I’m just really overwhelmed by all of the choices and tired of having problems. Thanks!
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
netgear r7800. qualcomm atheros radios are crucial here, broadcom's are too flimsy and vulnerable to drops/interference etc.

(r9000's only difference for u is 2 more cpu cores, but its a problematic platform)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

celena
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:56    Post subject: The best way to find the best router Reply with quote
To find the best router my suggestion is that we should connect with the router user not to company because they will share their experience with us and company will only promote their products.
noc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
every time i search for netgear r7800
I end up with Netgear r7000
is this one good enough ?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: