WRT54GL V1.1 Flash IC pad pinouts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
sasodoma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:24    Post subject: WRT54GL V1.1 Flash IC pad pinouts Reply with quote
Hi,

After upgrading the RAM in my WRT54GL I also wanted to upgrade the flash. I went ahead and ordered some chips but later realized that the pinout was quite different. At first I thought I ordered the wrong ICs but then I realized that the four pad pairs have different pinouts. I started looking for documentation on these but couldn't find any. So I took some close-up pictures, set my multimeter to continuity check and started tracing the tracks. And after a few hours and lots of beeping, here are the results:

The original IC in my router was the EN29LV320B so I used it as a reference for pin names. After figuring out most of the pins I searched through Digikey's database to find some ICs that used the other pinouts. I then put their pin names in the table. The ones that were different have the EN29LV320B pin equivalent in the brackets.

I have attached the image, along with all the datasheet pinout images in a zip file in the attachment in case the image link ever goes down.

I hope this can help some people that were in the same situation as I was. I should also mention the WRT54GL Memory Mod (hardware mod) topic as this was my first resource in upgrading my router. I didn't want to post this as a reply there because I wanted it to be more easy to find, but I will add a link there too.

WRT54GL_Flash_IC_pinouts.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WRT54GL_Flash_IC_pinouts.zip
 Filesize:  553.6 KB
 Downloaded:  202 Time(s)

Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: