New (BS) Build - 08/14/2018 - r36596

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
MvEICT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Netgear Nighthawk R7000
File: netgear-r7000-r36596.bin
Previous firmware: r36527
Mode: Router, WAN disabled, SPI firewall disabled (filter multicast), DHCP server disabled (guest VAP is using DNSmasq for DHCP services)
Purpose of router: Access Point with separate guest wireless network
Issues/Errors:
I reset to factory defaults before AND after flashing new firmware.

After setting up wl0, wl1 and VAP wl0.1, they are all broadcasting.
I was able to connect Physical Interface wl0 and Physical Interface wl1, but just like the previous firmware I wasn't able to connect Virtual Interface wl0.1.

The workaround for me still is to change security mode of Virtual Interface wl0.1 to WPA personal, and after successfull connect change it back to WPA2 Personal. It took longer than previous firmware versions before connection was finally made to this guest VAP.
After workaround I'm able to connect Virtual Interface wl0.1 using security mode WPA2 Personal UNTIL restart of the router.
So every time I restart the router I have to do these actions in order to get it to work properly.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those looking for a solution to the VAP issue, do you mind trying if the following commands solves the problem for you?

Code:
stopservice nas
wlconf eth1 down
wlconf eth1 up
wlconf eth2 down
wlconf eth2 up
startservice nas

I suspect it will not, but if it works, that would be a temporary workaround.

I implemented a workaround for my builds for the Broadcom ARM Northstar Prototype routers. The code above are part of my workaround. The other part actually involves reverting the codes in the 'wlconf' utility.

Those who really need for this to be fixed and are running a compatible router that my build could run on, can try it out.

HTH.
jrscs
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:
For those looking for a solution to the VAP issue, do you mind trying if the following commands solves the problem for you?

Code:
stopservice nas
wlconf eth1 down
wlconf eth1 up
wlconf eth2 down
wlconf eth2 up
startservice nas

Adding this to the startup script in a RT-AC87U A1, did enable the VAP to start on reboot without having to hit the APPLY SETTINGS button.

Netgear R6400v2otp
nobelium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
@kernel-panic69 this a worthy update from r35531? At least httpd seems stable in this build... worried that the upgrade process will result in a bricked device.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
nobelium wrote:
@kernel-panic69 this a worthy update from r35531? At least httpd seems stable in this build... worried that the upgrade process will result in a bricked device.

This build seems to be working pretty well for me, after I figured out a few things to add to default out-of-the-box configuration to use a mostly default config with dnsmasq enabled. Only catch is to NOT check reset to defaults after flash on the firmware upgrade page, as that function is a little buggy, or at least it was when I upgraded from 36168 and up. You can always do the extra 'reset to defaults' after initial reboot from upgrading. I haven't tested the default GTK re-key interval yet for disconnect issues on wifi, I've just been used to setting it to 0.
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:

Code:
stopservice nas
wlconf eth1 down
wlconf eth1 up
wlconf eth2 down
wlconf eth2 up
startservice nas

I implemented a workaround for my builds for the Broadcom ARM Northstar Prototype routers. The code above are part of my workaround. The other part actually involves reverting the codes in the 'wlconf' utility.

Those who really need for this to be fixed and are running a compatible router that my build could run on, can try it out.

HTH.

I tested with
stopservice nas
wlconf eth1 down
wlconf eth1 up (which give a whole load of errors like bad address. invalid argument, not supported)
startservice nas

And indeed it is working, but I am using Kong's latest build 36440M. which also suffred from the latest problems

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:

I tested with
stopservice nas
wlconf eth1 down
wlconf eth1 up (which give a whole load of errors like bad address. invalid argument, not supported)
startservice nas

And indeed it is working, but I am using Kong's latest build 36440M. which also suffred from the latest problems

Yeah, all those messages and redunancies. Need to be fixed. That's probably one of the key problem areas right there.
MvEICT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:

Code:
stopservice nas
wlconf eth1 down
wlconf eth1 up
wlconf eth2 down
wlconf eth2 up
startservice nas

HTH.

This workaround worked for me also

Code:
stopservice nas
wlconf eth1 down
wlconf eth2 down
wlconf eth1 up
wlconf eth2 up
startservice nas

I added this to the startup script and rebooted my R7000 router and can connect to all wireless networks without issues. Thanks! Very Happy

My internet supscription:
Download 200 Mbps
Upload 20 Mbps

* My guest VAP is setup only on 2.4GHz band

wlan_5GHz.PNG
 Description:
5GHz wireless network
 Filesize:  20.82 KB
 Viewed:  5315 Time(s)

wlan_5GHz.PNG

VAP_2.4GHz.PNG
 Description:
Guest VAP
 Filesize:  20.3 KB
 Viewed:  5315 Time(s)

VAP_2.4GHz.PNG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 18:37    Post subject: Asus AC88U issues Reply with quote
Router: Asus RT-AC88U
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r36596 mini ( 08/14/18 )
Previous: DD-WRT v3.0-r36410 mini ( 07/28/18 )
Kernel: Linux 4.4.147 #3673 Tue Aug 14 08:24:06 CEST 2018 armv7l
Reset: No
Errors: None

I'm experience frequent drops on certain devices. Mainly cell phones. Android phone have to constantly manually reconnect. iphone drops wifi calls after a min or 2. Router stops responding all together and needs a reboot after a few hours.

Build 36330 seemed a bit more stable but still experienced dropped connections
Fobio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
So it seems the VAP issues is somewhat related to the WDS issue with creating a new "interface"?
nobelium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
@kernel-panic69: do you have to keep restarting the httpd service or will it stay up after the firmware upgrade and subsequent manual start?

Are you using dnsmasq as a DHCP replacement? Is that a workaround on this firmware or just personal preference?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
nobelium wrote:
@kernel-panic69: do you have to keep restarting the httpd service or will it stay up after the firmware upgrade and subsequent manual start?

When I tested not selecting 'reset to defaults' after flash on one of my (additional spare) E4200s, the firmware upgrade went as expected, no httpd crashes, no having to do anything but let it reboot and hit 'continue' when it came back up, the expected normal behavior.

nobelium wrote:
Are you using dnsmasq as a DHCP replacement? Is that a workaround on this firmware or just personal preference?

I honestly have not paid attention since I had to start over after resetting when I initially started setting my first E4200 up. I'm pretty sure it had an old Kong build on it (22xxx), as I cannot find that particular build anywhere, but to point. I believe dnsmasq is the default dhcp server configuration in the firmware, and has been for a while (someone correct me on if it wasn't or when it changed, please!). About the time I upgraded to 35531 K2.6 and jumped over to K3X, dnsmasq default config seemed problematic, so I reverted to udhcpd until recently. Now that I've figured out the key configurations that need to be done for it to work, I'll stick with it.
nobelium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
After trying r35531 (03/26/2018) for a day, even with the GTK workaround clients would still get disconnected from wifi.

After reading your comments, @kernel-panic69, I decide to jump to this version.

Code:
Router: Cisco e4200
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r36596 mega (08/14/18) e4200 "trailed" build
Kernel: Linux 3.10.108-d5 #20484 Tue Aug 14 13:50:51 CEST 2018 mips
Reset: Updated via Web UI without resetting.
Previous: r35531 mega e4200 "trailed" build
Errors: No

Wifi seems ok for now, but probably too early to tell (uptime is just short of 25min).
SinCalChewy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:
SinCalChewy wrote:
I tried making a repeater, and it displayed the VAP name, but even with the right password, I couldn't connect. Even with no password I couldn't connect. 31899 is the latest I found that you can use to make a repeater and connect to the VAP to use it.

My 2 cents. Smile

How about 33986?

EDIT: Just tried it, couldn't connect to the VAP. Went back to my older build 31899M and have no problems with connecting. It pretty much instantly connects when I select it on my iPhone.

EDIT: When it's set up right, it works great. 33986, the web gui gave out on me a few times and I had to restart and thankfully I got a (older) build on there. If anyone can figure out how to do it on a newer build, that'd be awesome. I love DD-WRT, so many options. #Geekin'

Deployed Routers:
Netgear R7800 - 1x build 46979
- Gateway (USB /w Entware, CAKE QoS)
Netgear R7000 - 3x build 46979
@m0eb@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:38    Post subject: 6400 v2 board xxx20 ............ BRICKED Reply with quote
Step 1: Loaded the factory-to-dd-wrt firmware. Loaded correctly

Step 2: Loaded the firmware netgear-r6400v2-webflash.bin

Working at this stage. But the net signal is very low - especially on the 5GHz channel. Decided that the basic purpose was to get internet and wanted to load original firmware.

Step3: Re-loaded the factory-to-dd-wrt firmware. Loaded correctly.

Step 4: Tried to load original netgear firmware. Nothing happened. Same factory-to-dd-wrt firmware was showing up.

Step 5: Tried re-loading the netgear-r6400v2-webflash.bin. No effect.

Checked that the router was recognised as R7000.

Step 6: Tried to revert to an earlier build (dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin) which is shown on the "official" router search page. Ended up bricking the router which now blinks once per second.

TFTP during boot says firmware transferred. Router continues to do nothing beyond one blink per second on power LED. all else off (except when I connect LAN, the corresponding LED glows up)

TELNET is not working. Even after setting inbound and outbound rules in firewall ... error message "Connect Failed"

Pinging 192.168.1.1 yields good response with no packet loss

The LAN connection on my laptop recognizes the router as NETGEAR90-5G

"HELP PLEASE"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: