bandwidth monitoring

baddog2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 0:15    Post subject: bandwidth monitoring Reply with quote
Newbie here, im trying to find a router firmware, software, add on module, ... that has bandwidth monitor that will display all devices usage by 15 min, hour, day, week, month. single window, panel, graph style, like the glasswire app. am i asking too much. really dont want to have a pc for DMZ.Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have a look at Yamon.
baddog2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 23:54    Post subject: Yamon Reply with quote
Thanks Yngve,
got it, did it, looked really interesting, install, setup very srtaight forward, easy, had more trouble getting rid of existing firmware and putting factory back on so as to install DD-wrt again. haha.
Was working fine, shutdown and moved to more appropriate location and no longer have \\'routerIP'\user\index.html . what did i do, not do?
baddog2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:16    Post subject: yamon install Reply with quote
checking USB on router \opt\yamon3\*.* are missing. \opt\lib is there, root now contains many folders. no log folders anywhere. cannot copy install.sh to \opt read only. am going to start over and do reinstall. if i missed something in setup or config please advise. thought i checked all notes in setup docs....
baddog2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
services-usb- disk info 100% full no info available....and in DD bandwidth graph apparently a device has uploaded 600 MB today and I wasnt there...
baddog2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:39    Post subject: Yamon install Reply with quote
when i shutdown , power off router the usb flash drive loses yamon files. \opt is read only.... have to reformat ext4 and install.... what am i doing wrong....
baddog2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:06    Post subject: Yamon install Reply with quote
finally completed another install. this one appears successful, so far.
believe faults do to improper settings in router.
was not able to upload install.sh.
could not set privileges for /opt folder.
have no idea what I did. quit for the night, jumped back in next day and all privileges magically were set for /opt and other folders. I swear a router fairy tweaked in and set privileges for the necessary folders.
upload file, install went smooth.
dumb questions...
will yamon stay running 24/7?
will it auto start after a power down of router?
when is it necessary to stop/shutdown yamon?
thanks for referring me to YAMon, maybe...
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Glad you got it working. I haven't tried it myself. It has been mentioned several ties here in the forum.
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:55    Post subject: Re: Yamon install Reply with quote
baddog2010 wrote:

Yes it will stay running.
Add:
sleep 10
/opt/YAMon3/startup.sh
to startup commands for restart. I turn off usb support before flashing new firmware. Probably not necessary.
Link to YAMon thread here: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=314467

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad (1.1M blocked) + Blocklist Collection

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:44    Post subject: Re: Yamon install Reply with quote
baddog2010 wrote:
finally completed another install. this one appears successful, so far.
believe faults do to improper settings in router.
was not able to upload install.sh.
could not set privileges for /opt folder.
have no idea what I did. quit for the night, jumped back in next day and all privileges magically were set for /opt and other folders. I swear a router fairy tweaked in and set privileges for the necessary folders.
upload file, install went smooth.
dumb questions...

In addition to the dd-wrt thread in bushant's response, you can also find information at http://usage-monitoring.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: