1900 AC v2 running 33555 does not ask for password

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Boogalooz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:42    Post subject: 1900 AC v2 running 33555 does not ask for password Reply with quote
I have not played with this router at all for the better part of 6 or 7 months. Not even a reboot.

When I access the router via web interface from my LAN, it does not ask me for a password, which bothers me.

Admittedly, it has been months since I have poked around inside the GUI, and I know for a fact I set a username and password, but now I can just enter the local IP and im in.

I am a bit leery of trying to upgrade to a more recent version as I have this thing set up exactly how I want it right now, but I do not like the idea that I can just pop in and make changes without a password like that.

I have rebooted the router and cleared cache in my browser, but still no password requirement.

Also, upon reading the how to upgrade sticky, I thought I would try and SSH into the router to see which partition 33555 is on so that I could prepare for a possible upgrade, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable SSH. The remote access section of the administration/management tab is greyed out and will not allow me to make changes...
Would love a tip there as well....

Anyone have an idea whats up here?

Thanks!
Sponsor
Boogalooz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Really? Nobody has an answer for me on this?
spuriousoffspring
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is this from a wireless device? The only thing I can think of is you're connected to a guest network.

Telnet is enabled by default (port 23).
User name is: root
Password is: your dd-wrt admin password

That's weird that the Administration tab is greyed out. There may be some setting that limits GUI access, but I don't have DD-WRT on my router right now so I can't poke around.
You may have to just reset and re-configure.

Hope this helps!

WRT32X DD-WRT Installation Procedure
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=315569

IPVanish OpenVPN Client Setup TUTORIAL
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=308565

FIRMWARE: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r8217-2cc821e / LuCI Master (git-18.276.41146-280dd33)
MODEM: ARRIS SURFBoard SB8200
ROUTER: Linksys WRT32X
USB NAS: Western Digital BLACK 1 TB Hardrive + Startech USB 3.0 External SATA III Enclosure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: