R7800 high memory usage problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Mrmad1966
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:28    Post subject: R7800 high memory usage problem Reply with quote
Folks I have a real frustrating problem with high memory use. The router is running Kongs latest DDWRT release (15-3-1Cool but this problem occurred with earlier releases too. Ever since installing Kongs first release i have religiously backed up and restored (when needed) my config after every update of his. I have setup 4 WiFi vlans (one of which is configured to use OpenVPN), I have enabled vlan on one ethernet port. I no longer run any samba, or usb hdd although I did try it along time ago. Upshot is the router MUST be rebooted every 24 hours or the memory fills up and router accepts no more connections. Does this sound normal ? How would I go about diagnosis ? I have read that once memory and cache fills up it will just flush and reuse as required but does not seem to do that for me.. advice from the group would be appreciated thanks
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
minus the emoticon that date looks old, there is builds in the "test" folder just released yesterday. dont mind the word test, this firmware is a "beta test" for all routers for years and will probably always be.

ssh/telnet login and look at the results of ps and top commands to try find what is eating the ram, and no its not normal especially for a 512mb ram unit to run dry daily. and restoring ur settings after every update is pointless and the same thing as leaving them, and just updating it.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Mrmad1966
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:27    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote
Thank you. Test build sorted problem
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
May want to try to reset it and not use the backup. Configure it manually.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
May want to try to reset it and not use the backup. Configure it manually.

Thanks for that. If it occurs again probably a good idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: