Amazon Cloudcam - cannot connect to wifi

sudheeshb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 17:49    Post subject: Amazon Cloudcam - cannot connect to wifi Reply with quote
Hello,

I have recently bought a Amazon cloud cam security camera. I have a LinkSys ACS 1900 v2 router. I have setup 2.4 and 5GHz wifi. I couldn't connect the camera to this ( 2.4 GHz,as camera supports only this ) 2.4GHz wifi. But the camera can connect to the wifi hotspot which I created using my samsung Mobile phone. (Same issue was there with wyze camera ). I have updated the firmware to latest today ( firmware - 2018-7-28 ). All my other devices can connect to this wifi ( 2.4Ghz ) correctly. Issue is only with security cameras. As the camara is connecting properly to mobile hotspot, I am not sure whether it is a camera issue, dd-wrt settings issue.

Any ideas?
Sponsor
Judgedred911
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 23:22    Post subject: Amazon Cloud Cam Fix Reply with quote
I just bought an Amazon Cloud Cam and ran into the same issue. I got mine working using my DD-WRT flashed router by upgraded my DD-WRT firmware with the lasted beta firmware: ddwrt-linksys-wrt3200acm-webflash.bin dated 2018-12-31 and also changing the Wireless Security Settings: Wireless Tab > Wireless Security Tab > Security Mode-=WPA - Select both WPA Personal and WPA2 Personal.
In older versions of the DD-WRT firmware the Wireless Security Settings are in a drop down instead of individual clickable boxes. You will need to select the Network Authentication that allows both WPA2 and WPA to function.
It seems the Amazon Cloud Camera ships with only connecting with WPA. After updating the camera, I was able to disable WPA and leave WPA2 enabled and the camera still functions fine.
joejoethedogfaceboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks! I've been struggling with getting an Amazon Dash Wand connected, and I can confirm that the WPA/WPA2 setting for the 2.4Ghz band on my Netgear R6400 w/ Kong build (v3.0-r37015M) worked! (Also seems to be working after putting the setting back to just WPA2)

-Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: