New Build: 07-28-2018-r36410

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
BobbyLee
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 17:22    Post subject: New Build: 07-28-2018-r36410 Reply with quote
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/07-28-2018-r36410/
Sponsor
BadWolf73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 17:51    Post subject: upgrade Reply with quote
in place upgrade went fine for me.
DaveI
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
************ D L N A is W O R K I N G**********

At least it is for me with my internet radio. When I tested it it would find the server but could not see the media folders. I played around with it and disabled and reenabled DLNA and rebooted several times...

And it's WORKING!!!!!

I think I'm hearing the Angels playing music...

Had not tested in several versions as nobody had reported anything regarding DLNA....

But for me on my device I have it working with this new version!!!! Hallelujah!!!

Firmware Version
DD-WRT v3.0-r36410 std (07/28/1Cool
Kernel Version
Linux 4.9.115 #253 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jul 28 08:00:00 CEST 2018 armv7l

-------------
WRT1900ACSv2

Last edited by DaveI on Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:00; edited 1 time in total
bobloadmire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
change log?
DaveI
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just an addendum to my post about DLNA WORKING...

I've found that after you reboot the router you will need to disable then reenable the DLNA server to be able to see your Media Folders. You will need to do this each time after rebooting the router. Otherwise you won't see your media folders. After you disable/reenable the miniDLNA you will be able to see your Media Folders. Working perfect for me doing this now with my internet radio.

Edit: Changeset 36418 may correct this.

-----------------------
WRT1900ACSv2

Last edited by DaveI on Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:59; edited 1 time in total
derWolfMan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed r36410-2018.July.28 on my WRT1900ACS_v1 as flash upgrade keeping my configs. The upgrade went without an issue and everything seems to be working as expected. I'll report any issues found.

DD-WRT config reference for my WRT1900ACS_v1: wired devices ~75, wireless ~20 clients using 5GHz-80Mhz-AC-Only & 2.4GHz-20Mhz-NG-Mixed with 2 additional APs in house (D-Link DAP-1650 - same SSID/Config, non-overlapping channels), IPv6 on, DHCP reservations for all known devices, local Raspberry Pi NTP, access rules (internet block security cameras), port forwards, no QOS, running OpenVPN server, firewall rules (OpenVPN & Guest), Guest 2.4GHz Wi-Fi segmented network/DHCP
ISP: Comcast (250 Mbps down | 10 Mbps up)
tharealgc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 13:17    Post subject: WRT1900ACS v2 (r36410) Reply with quote
WRT1900ACS v2 (r36410)
My Backup button still won't work and console backup won't work either. Checked most of the builds from may to now and backup still won't work.

I am trying "nvram backup nvram.bin"
Returns: can't write nvram.bin

That IP table MUST BE SAVED!
Is it a bad flash or there is something wrong with my box? Confused
derWolfMan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 14:09    Post subject: Re: WRT1900ACS v2 (r36410) Reply with quote
tharealgc wrote:
WRT1900ACS v2 (r36410)
My Backup button still won't work and console backup won't work either. Checked most of the builds from may to now and backup still won't work.

I am trying "nvram backup nvram.bin"
Returns: can't write nvram.bin

That IP table MUST BE SAVED!
Is it a bad flash or there is something wrong with my box? Confused

I personally haven't ever had an issue with the backup features (I use the GUI and backup settings often, sometimes restore - maybe not the same as what you are doing).

There was a build where I decided to revert to default settings and reapply all my configs which included setting 76 static addresses. For that I found a way to run a command (I also have an excel file with my assignments - name, mac, ip). Here is a link I used to figure it out in case it is helpful. I SSH'd into the router and ran the command (set lease number | set the leases in a big list which has the mac, name, ip | commit). To my delight it worked and I also cleaned up the table so everything was sequential.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Static_DHCP#How_to_add_static_leases_into_dhcp_by_command
tekrey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 15:16    Post subject: Re: WRT1900ACS v2 (r36410) Reply with quote
derWolfMan wrote:
I personally haven't ever had an issue with the backup features (I use the GUI and backup settings often, sometimes restore - maybe not the same as what you are doing).

There was a build where I decided to revert to default settings and reapply all my configs which included setting 76 static addresses. For that I found a way to run a command (I also have an excel file with my assignments - name, mac, ip). Here is a link I used to figure it out in case it is helpful. I SSH'd into the router and ran the command (set lease number | set the leases in a big list which has the mac, name, ip | commit). To my delight it worked and I also cleaned up the table so everything was sequential.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Static_DHCP#How_to_add_static_leases_into_dhcp_by_command

This is great info. I usually hesitate upgrading because the in place upgrade doesn't always work for me, so I wind up flashing with an NVRAM reset and entering my settings manually. This will dramatically cut down the time it takes. Thanks.

Linksys WRT1900ACSv2
DD-WRT v3.0-r35531 std 03/26/18
WiFi, OpenVPN Client, Policy Based Routing, uPNP, Static Leases, Port Forwarding, DDNS, DNSMasq
tharealgc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 16:23    Post subject: Re: WRT1900ACS v2 (r36410) Reply with quote
derWolfMan wrote:

Thanks man! Got myself a nice auto-fill script now)))
BTW: I am ashamed to say that my backup didn't work because of router name had 1 bad symbol I forgot about lol.
BobbyLee
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been having wireless issues ever since the May release, at least no hangs or disconnects after 1 full hour so far. My Chromecast will not connect on 5 GHz but does connect on 2.4 GHz, connects on both without any problems if I go back to the Linksys firmware. Wow, I spoke too soon, the disconnects are still happening on my WRT3200ACM and it just killed my ObiTalk 202 connected wirelessly. How do we bump that 6319 ticket up in priority and fix these wireless disconnects/hangs?
Adamcarter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not holding my breath. May 7th was the last time this worked. It is almost august. Kong fixed it on his builds. I have to question now if he is getting to this bug last out of spite for so many complainers including myself.

And BS if you are reading this. I appreciate all your hard work. I really do. But, airprint and chromecast are kinda important. As much as i like dlna, i think more people use airprint and chromecast than dlna from their router.

I could be wrong.

I do love my 2600rt i bought for my parents place... if this keeps up, i see one for myself in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Adamcarter wrote:
As much as i like dlna, i think more people use airprint and chromecast than dlna from their router.

I could be wrong.

I don't use either. Printers are ethernet for me. TVs are all HDMI to either PCs or Media Players.

Point is everybody has their idea of what's important. Lot of what you see here is people lamenting about their 5Ghz connections on their smartphones.
So many devices with their own problems it's awful hard to be perfect for everyone. But I got to say that DD-WRT does the best job I've seen comparing it to all the others.
M
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:27    Post subject: WRT32X Bugs Reply with quote
WL0 and WL1 cannot use the client mode
WL2 cannot detect 5.2GZ Channal (> 100) when using client mode

MAC Address of WL0, WL1 and WL2 also cannot change due to editing.

PPTP Server does not in this build (06-20-2018-r36168) with Webflash.bin

This command script can cause router DHCP IP address to 169.XXX.XXX.XXX when reboot.

#!/bin/ash
MAC=`(date; cat /proc/interrupts) | md5sum | sed -r 's/^(.{10}).*$/\1/; s/([0-9a-f]{2})/\1:/g; s/:$//;'`
echo "00:${MAC}"
ifconfig eth1 hw ether 00:${MAC}
nvram set def_hwaddr="00:${MAC}"
nvram set wan_hwaddr="00:${MAC}"
stopservice wan
startservice wan

This build 07-16-2018-r36330 of WRT32X can cause high cpu loading but 06-20-2018-r36168 can cause half of cpu loading.

I also report to dd-wrt.com but they did not response the issues.

Then, svn.dd-wrt.com (bug tracker) did not accept my report submission. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
mikeska
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
DaveI wrote:
Adamcarter wrote:
As much as i like dlna, i think more people use airprint and chromecast than dlna from their router.

I could be wrong.

I don't use either. Printers are ethernet for me. TVs are all HDMI to either PCs or Media Players.

Point is everybody has their idea of what's important. Lot of what you see here is people lamenting about their 5Ghz connections on their smartphones.
So many devices with their own problems it's awful hard to be perfect for everyone. But I got to say that DD-WRT does the best job I've seen comparing it to all the others.

Would think browsing the internet on wifi would be important. Cannot do it for more than 20 minutes without being interrupted by a hang or disconnect. Affects 2.4 and 5 GHz. Can't use a build past May 7th.

@BobbyLee
Thanks for reporting your results, was just thinking about trying it out. Think I'll sit this one out.

Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: