New build: r36247

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
roland90
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 21:17    Post subject: New build: r36247 Reply with quote
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/06-29-2018-r36247/
Sponsor
Full_Speedz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can't test atm, could someone check if the dlna is fixed Crying or Very sad
CaperJoe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 0:43    Post subject: WRT3200ACM- r36247 Reply with quote
Upgraded WRT3200ACM to r36247- no reset. No issues noted.
Skoda Zek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think im going to flash this onto my WRT32x to upgrade from r36104.

Last time I flashed my WRT32x was from stock venom to r36104 via ssh.
knacht
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Up and running...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
up and running on WRT32X. Everything works just as good as before except now the front lights seem to be pretty much accurate.

The ESATA light is off and the internet connectivity light is orange when no WAN and solid blue when there is WAN. Though I seem to remember activity blinking on WAN light with stock firmware. I may be wrong. This current DD-WRT version has the WAN light solid. (Though I don't see the point in activity flashing for a WAN light in the modern world where with all the smart devices we use activity would be constant and non stop thus making it pointless)

Furthermore, I decided to flash with webui and keep all settings from the old version and that worked just fine as well
Skoda Zek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would also like to add that the firmware and webui seems more responsive than r36104 was.
quiksilver15
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Skoda Zek wrote:
up and running on WRT32X. Everything works just as good as before except now the front lights seem to be pretty much accurate.

The ESATA light is off and the internet connectivity light is orange when no WAN and solid blue when there is WAN. Though I seem to remember activity blinking on WAN light with stock firmware. I may be wrong. This current DD-WRT version has the WAN light solid. (Though I don't see the point in activity flashing for a WAN light in the modern world where with all the smart devices we use activity would be constant and non stop thus making it pointless)

Furthermore, I decided to flash with webui and keep all settings from the old version and that worked just fine as well

Whats the difference between the 3200acm and 32x? One just a gaming version?

Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H running
DD-WRT v3.0-r36168 std (06/20/18
Skoda Zek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
d0ug wrote:
quiksilver15 wrote:
Skoda Zek wrote:

AFAIK it's the same thing packaged in a different colored shell and with a slightly different stock firmware tweaked more towards a config gamers would use.

I am not sure if this is hardware related or only related to the venom firmware that ships stock. But I know the first time you flash DD-WRT from stock Venom requires you to use an ultra-stripped down version of DD-WRT and then you flash the proper version. Something to due with the flash memory the WRT32X uses. Other than that I think they are identical hardware wise. The FCN for the WRT32X is the same as the WRT3200ACM as well.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
d0ug wrote:
Skoda Zek wrote:
d0ug wrote:
quiksilver15 wrote:
Skoda Zek wrote:

AFAIK it's the same thing packaged in a different colored shell and with a slightly different stock firmware tweaked more towards a config gamers would use.

I am not sure if this is hardware related or only related to the venom firmware that ships stock. But I know the first time you flash DD-WRT from stock Venom requires you to use an ultra-stripped down version of DD-WRT and then you flash the proper version. Something to due with the flash memory the WRT32X uses. Other than that I think they are identical hardware wise. The FCN for the WRT32X is the same as the WRT3200ACM as well.

I forgot about that flash memory change, yes the newer 32x have a different memory chip, the original ones had the same as the 3200. That would be the only difference as far as I know.

Ah thanks for the explanation you two. So hows the wireless on the new build? More stable than previous? I went back to stock due to the unstable wifi on the previous builds. Apple devices and a MY Q garage hub don't play well yet it seems.

Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H running
DD-WRT v3.0-r36168 std (06/20/18
derWolfMan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed r36247-2018.June.29 on my WRT1900ACS_v1 as flash upgrade keeping my configs without issues, seems to be running fine so far (28 wireless devices connected right up) - will report any issues found.

Firmware: Linux 4.9.110 #178 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jun 29 06:49:25 CEST 2018 armv7l

DD-WRT config reference for my WRT1900ACS_v1: wired devices ~75, wireless ~20 clients using 5GHz-80Mhz-AC-Only & 2.4GHz-20Mhz-NG-Mixed with 2 additional APs in house (D-Link DAP-1650 - same SSID/Config, non-overlapping channels), IPv6 on, DHCP reservations for all known devices, local Raspberry Pi NTP, access rules (internet block security cameras), port forwards, no QOS, running OpenVPN server, firewall rules (OpenVPN & Guest), Guest 2.4GHz Wi-Fi segmented network/DHCP
ISP: Comcast (250 Mbps down | 10 Mbps up)
BobbyLee
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed on my WRT3200ACM early yesterday (30th) from r36104. I was going to say it's the first time in a long time my Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, and chromecast haven't disconnected from the wifi but as I was writing this my S8+ disconnected. I have OpenVPN server running fine on the router (that always seems to work fine from rel to rel). As Skoda Zek stated the web UI really seems to be more responsive. I have a USB drive attached and can access movies on it with all my mobile devices but it doesn't show up in the Window's explorer so I have to use mobile devices to manage adding and removing movies to that stick. So, still having the irritating wifi disconnects and can't see the connected USB in Window's explorer but other than that everything else I use it for seems to be working fine.
Edit: Disconnects happen on both 2.4 and 5 for me. If one of you have the same disconnect issues on a WRT3200ACM and know what the last release was before these wifi disconnects showed up please share with me, it is really annoying. TIA
mikeska
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
@BobbyLee-
Was hoping to be able to update my sig to r36168 as I flashed to that from r35531 wondering if a newer version would work. Unfortunately, having the same problem on both bands on my wrt3200acm (Winbond) where the connection hangs often enough to be disruptive. Had to boot back to stock. At least for me, the connections seem more stable on r35531. Will flash back to that unless someone has a better idea Wink

BobbyLee
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
mikeska,
Thanks for the info. I'll probably give that r35531 a shot soon.

Anyone else notice the free memory moves down from 24% but never seems to recover? Or is that just mine? After 1 day I was at 19% so I rebooted to get it back to 24%. Wonder what happens if I let it get to zero, does it crash? Previous builds would drop a few percentage but always seem to pop back, not this release.
dwnl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
BobbyLee wrote:
Installed on my WRT3200ACM early yesterday (30th) from r36104. I was going to say it's the first time in a long time my Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, and chromecast haven't disconnected from the wifi but as I was writing this my S8+ disconnected. I have OpenVPN server running fine on the router (that always seems to work fine from rel to rel). As Skoda Zek stated the web UI really seems to be more responsive. I have a USB drive attached and can access movies on it with all my mobile devices but it doesn't show up in the Window's explorer so I have to use mobile devices to manage adding and removing movies to that stick. So, still having the irritating wifi disconnects and can't see the connected USB in Window's explorer but other than that everything else I use it for seems to be working fine.

Edit: Disconnects happen on both 2.4 and 5 for me. If one of you have the same disconnect issues on a WRT3200ACM and know what the last release was before these wifi disconnects showed up please share with me, it is really annoying. TIA

Hi
I have the same problem with newer releases for WRT3200ACM. I used to go back to r35898 (May 7th release) which does not have the android disconnection issue nor the unwanted wireless isolation issue but I gradually worked my way up to r35927 (May 13th release) which does not seem to have disconnection issues yet (although the subsequent release already does).

Check out May 13th release and if that still causes problem go to May 7th one - I used it for the longest time and it works fine for me.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: