WRT1200AC - Viable Network Configuration?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
kwmi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 22:02    Post subject: WRT1200AC - Viable Network Configuration? Reply with quote
I have a WRT1200AC running Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33570M kongmv (10/22/17).

I have an Asus RT-68U running stock firmware in repeater mode connected to the WRT1200AC on the 5Ghz Band

I also have a Netgear WNDR3700v4 running Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r36006 std (05/23/1Cool which is also connected to the WRT1200AC on the 5ghz band.

I'm having an issue with the WNDR3700v4 dropping all the devices connected to it. Devices get assigned a generic 169.xxx IP address. I have to manually reboot the router in order for it to work again.

I followed the FAQ to the dot to set up the client bridge between the WRT1200AC and WNDR3700v4:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged

Is the instability here due to the fact that I have two routers connected to my primary router on the 5ghz band? Is that not recommended? Or could it be something else? Would purchasing a router to replace the WNDR3700v4 help?

If anybody sees any obvious issues with this set up please comment! Desperately want to get this stable!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: