Nighthawk R8500 mtd partitions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
routerhacker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:50    Post subject: Nighthawk R8500 mtd partitions Reply with quote
In attempting to ressurect a non-working Netgear Nighthawk I have noticed that the "board_data" partition is not there. I have working backups/copies of it; however that partition is not just missing contents, the "board_data" partition is not defined or showing with cat /proc/mtd

So my question is how can I get that partition back (at the proper size and location on the nand flash)?

Once it is there I can easily restore the contents I believe. Thanks for advice and answers!
Sponsor
routerhacker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone? I could really use a little help. Thank you.
routerhacker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nevermind, I got it sorted out myself and rebuilt&restored completely my /dev/mtd4 "board_data" partition and the proper contents. So, router is back going; however, it seems the pci chip version number [14e4:4365] is not properly being handled by dd-wrt (Kong version anyhow) firmware. I've sent him a note regarding it and it well likely be the reason so many folks with these routers have issues. We will see. More to come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: