How to secure connect to my router externally (to use wol)?

LegiaWarszawa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:51    Post subject: How to secure connect to my router externally (to use wol)? Reply with quote
Hi guys. Can You help me with any ddwrt manual or topic where i can read how to properly secure access to my router externally from for example android phone?

I know i shoud not allow external connections to my external IP to get admin console but i do not know how to secure it step by step.

All i neeed is to use work PC or my private phone to get on my router admin page and use WOL. I know i need VPN (open VPN on ddwrt) but im not sure what should i do step by step. Can i generate my certificate alone or do i need to buy it from cert company?

Is this good manual https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/VPN_%28the_easy_way%29_v24%2B ?

When i configure this VPN, how can i check if it is secure. What can i also do to be secure and not allow other users of the internet to for example scan my network etc?

Im newbie in routers so please dont ban me or delete topic:)
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: