wrt54g2 version 1.5 won't accept vxworks prep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
livermoregeek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 23:20    Post subject: wrt54g2 version 1.5 won't accept vxworks prep Reply with quote
Brand new router, wrt54g2 version 1.5.

Using Linksys tftp and vxworksprep-g2v1.bin.

When I try to upload prep, I get an "invalid file" error reproduce-able every time.

Just for grins I did a 30/30/30 reset on the router and tried again.

This time prep elicits an error message that says "no response from server."

So, I know the wiki says dont open a browser window but I did (firefox 3.5.3) and pointed to 192.168.1.1.

Instead of asking me for the router password or showing the normal gui, I reached a very simple page that said management mode firmware upgrade and gave me an opportunity to browse for a file.

Is this where I would enter the path to vsworks killer or the dd-wrt firmware? It appears there may be a new procedure for the version 1.5, just speculating here but maybe Linksys has taken additional steps to thwart third party firmware.

If that's the case I'm taking it back to best buy straight away. This thing is slower than molassass on a winter's day in Montana. Poor signal strength/penetration in a 2 bedroom apartment and worst of all I can't upgrade the internal antenna easily. Oh and I almost forgot - it's not compatible with Vista. Getting a lot of "local access only" and "limited connectivity" plus random drops. Wired Ubuntu connection and wireless xp connection seem somewhat more stable bit still painfully slow, which was what led me to dd-wrt inthe first place.

Anybody have experience with the wrt54g2 version 1.5?
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
The 1.5 is not supported and may never be. Due to the 2mb flash chip and the required atheros drivers.. Just not enough flash space.

Navigation

Jump to: