TP-Link Archer C9 (EU) V5 DD-WRT Support (NO GO)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
The last update I got on 6/29 was:

Quote:
i received a v5 last week. working on breaking the firmware format right now. status is that i found out how the fw format works, but its complicated since it forced me to use jffs2 filesystem since the cfe bootloader loads the kernel from jffs2 filesystem

Please be patient. Device support does not happen overnight.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Sponsor
liv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any news?
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
liv wrote:
Any news?

More patience....

It usually happens over several months time frame.
BS is the only one doing any of this work these days, afaik...

Asking two weeks later for an update is not going to help nor bolster a faster turn around. I would check back in 2 months time.

Also, keep an eye out on the beta builds ftp site as well as the SVN. You might get hints there he's working on stuff.

Alternatively, you can PM BS and offer up to test things out, but be prepared to do your homework to demonstrate you can help BS, and not just ask for a file...

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]52396 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 & 45493 (2xOffsite)
[R7800] resting
[WDR3600]BS 44715 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
shutfu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://i.imgur.com/klbKEZX.png

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/support-for-archer-c9-hw-ver-5-0/18335

according to this from openwrt, v4 and v5 are identical. Since dd-wrt supports v4, it should support v5. (assuming this information is correct)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, I don't think it's completely identical:

kernel-panic69 wrote:
The last update I got on 6/29 was:

Quote:
i received a v5 last week. working on breaking the firmware format right now. status is that i found out how the fw format works, but its complicated since it forced me to use jffs2 filesystem since the cfe bootloader loads the kernel from jffs2 filesystem

Please be patient. Device support does not happen overnight.

You should probably read the entire thread first....

----------------------
gabi.ailincai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see that the GoFundMe donations are paused. Is there any way to donate for this specific device, or is the only option to donate to the whole project?
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
GoFundMe is from a random forum user who asked for money, so it was never donating to DD-WRT project.

See the far upper right of this forum web page, to the right of contact is the real donations link.

Another way to add support is to donate the hardware in question.
gabi.ailincai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
GoFundMe is from a random forum user who asked for money, so it was never donating to DD-WRT project.

See the far upper right of this forum web page, to the right of contact is the real donations link.

Another way to add support is to donate the hardware in question.

Thanks. I realize that it was unofficial, as I've read the Donations page, but it was specific for this device. I was asking if there is a way to donate for this specific device, since the Donations page only mentions donating to the entire project. Not a problem, I'll still donate, I just wanted to see if it can be targeted.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer has a device in hand already, thanks to the GoFundMe. Read my last post. It will get supported when it gets supported. Don't be a pimple-faced adolescent about it.

----------------------
gabi.ailincai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
BrainSlayer has a device in hand already, thanks to the GoFundMe. Read my last post. It will get supported when it gets supported. Don't be a pimple-faced adolescent about it.

I have read the entire thread and it doesn't answer my question. I feel like you are assuming that I am fishing for an update or that I'm trying to rush the development (based on you calling me a pimple-faced adolescent), please believe me that I am not.

Again, I simply wanted to check if the donation I'll make can be targeted, as I'd prefer to offer a coffee or two to the dev actually working on this specific device. If not, that's fine, I'll donate to the project.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1209095#1208994

Use the Contact link.
airspeed400
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 17:07    Post subject: GoFundMe Campaign to Donate TP-Link Archer C9 v5 to DD-WRT Reply with quote
blkt wrote:

With so many users (including me) wanting to put DD-WRT on their TP-Link Archer C9 v5 routers, I set up the GoFundMe to procure and ship a TP-Link Archer C9 v5 Wi-Fi router to DD-WRT. When the financial goal of $120 was reached, I FedEx-ed the Wi-Fi router as a donation to DD-WRT in Germany; they received it on June 26, 2020, 3 days after the GoFundMe campaign ended.

There was more money donated to the GoFundMe than the purchase/shipping of the router required, and so I rounded the amount up (out of my own pocket) and donated the excess to the DD-WRT General Fund.

The specific numbers of the final accounting are detailed in the GoFundMe campaign:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ddwrt-upgrade-for-tplink-archer-c9-v5

and my post (thanks for the link above blkt) in this forum:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1209095#1208994

So the GoFundMe campaign did donate both a physical TP-Link Archer C9 v5 Wi-Fi router and a small sum of money to DD-WRT.

gabi.ailincai wrote:
...I simply wanted to check if the donation I'll make can be targeted, as I'd prefer to offer a coffee or two to the dev actually working on this specific device.

My limited experience here is that you can't specifically donate money to DD-WRT to help a particular router become supported after they have a donated router to work on.

Here's the Device Support Ticket link for the TP-Link Archer C9 v5 router to track progress (in case anyone missed it):

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/7078

Cheers!
Random Forum User

Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 v 2.1
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.60GHz
360 GB SSD
4 1TB drive RAID 1/0 array
Triple boot: Win7 Ultimate/Win10 Pro/Win10 Pro Insider Preview

Last edited by airspeed400 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 17:36; edited 6 times in total
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not directly, that was the whole point of the clarification. Thanks for donating, particularly following through.

Someone was trying to send money to GoFundMe, hence the redirect to Donations and Contact.

There may not be comments, add message or note to a donation, but there is always contact through email.
gabi.ailincai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 17:40    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe Campaign to Donate TP-Link Archer C9 v5 to DD-W Reply with quote
blkt wrote:

My limited experience here is that you can't specifically donate money to DD-WRT to help a particular router become supported after they have a donated router to work on.

Cheers!
Random Forum User

Thank you, this is what I was looking to confirm. Again, the donation wasn't to rush the development, it's just that it felt better deserved to reach the dev actually working on it. I'll donate to the program, no problem.
dimchik-ua
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello everybody!
Any news on the firmware of the C9v5 dd-wrt? I read on this forum that they were raising funds to buy this router for tests. As far as I understand, the router was bought about half a year ago. Are there still no results?
I recently purchased this router, it turned out to have very poor functionality. Sad Sad Sad
It is a pity that I did not read at first about the compatibility of this with dd-wrt.
If I can help you with something, just tell me what to do.

P.S. English is not my native language, reading the forum did not understand everything. Do not be offended if that.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: